High ELO Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

I need help with mastering this little guy... I've had absolutely no luck at all in trying to figure out how to play him properly. Most of the games I just don't seem to provide any damage at all late game and it's very frustrating, seeing as that he is my favorite character I'd love some tips from GOOD players with him that can help me make him work.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

Look up "The Rain Man" on Summoner Profile.

Never fail as Teemo again.

EDIT: No recent Teemo games, but you can clearly see he has 300+ Ranked Games as Teemo. >_>;;

lFlame

03-22-2011

The Rain Man

Punk ROC

03-22-2011

His profile doesn't state which rune page he uses (They are all some incarnation of "Teemo"), same with his masteries, and build/skill order.

Skorp

Recruiter

03-22-2011

TreeEskimo plays a good teemo - he's 1900+ Elo. His normal build looks something like this:
- Attack speed Marks.
- Mp5/lvl Glyphs and Seals
- HP Quints
- 9-21-0 masteries.

- Doran's shield
- Merc Treads or Zerker Greaves
- Malady
- Bloodrazor
- Frozen Mallet
- Banshees / GA or something for more survivability.

- Maxes poison first (It does a large tick on each attack, so boosts his dps).
- 1 early point in Q, 2 if he's outranged and needs it to harrass.
- A point in Move Quick early (often level 4).

Anyway, you can find his stream here - http://www.own3d.tv/TreeEskimo#/. He labels his games with the champ played, so just find a Teemo one.

XaldinStrife

03-22-2011

I'm not a ranked all-star like Rain Man, but I do main Teemo and generally do extremely well with him.

1. Build him AD, I go: Malady, Madreds/Frozen Mallet (depending on if you need the early survivability), and then the one you didn't build. Generally start with Doran's shield/blade, depending on who you're gonna be laning against. Build whatever boots you need to counter the enemy comp, basic stuff.

2. Arpen reds, I prefer mp/5 per level yellows but that's just preference - more blinding dart/shroom spam, magic resist blues. I go health quints, but again, preference.

Shroom every bush you walk by, every common escape route, dragon, baron, red/blue buff, etc. Harass as hard as you can early, not many champs can deal with teemo's early game harass, zoning is extremely easy. Late game, play him like an AD carry, as you'll be hitting pretty hard with your core build.

I take exhaust and flash, ignite flash works fine too. I use 21/9/0 masteries, strength of spirit being the 9.

Chitin

03-22-2011

The most important thing about Teemo is shroom placement. Build CAN be important, but it's secondary to shroom placement and baiting.
Playing Teemo, it's very psychological. There are places where people walk instinctively; learn them, then once your enemies learn and don't go there, watch where they move afterwards, and place shrooms there.
My build, I usually go Doran's Shield first if I'm solo'ing, Ring or Sword (prefrence, or who I'm fighting) if I'm not. Malady, Frozen Mallet, Rabadon's or Bloodrazor (sometimes I'll just get a Recurve Bow and leave it at that).

i love meat

03-22-2011

im pro teemo on EU servers, you need to learn this : teemo has a global taunt, alot of people want to harass him or chase him, the secret? is to make use of it, run back alot, ull see that most of tthe time champions will get pussed and try to rush you, that's when they usually make a mistake, in team fights put shrooms behind u team good escape or good gank if other fail gank you, you can also push lanes very deep, if you know where to put shrooms.

for the build it depends, I play him :

malady > phage

then you decide,

either go trinity for the bonus AP and move speed, or if you are having hard time go

frozen mallet

then after trinity or frozen mallet go with madreds.

usually the game never last longer than that, if youre having hard time after madreds get banshee, or else get either bloodthirster or inf edge.

remember to max poison first. ( E )

Cat Girl Shrek

03-22-2011

The Rain Man is #1 Teemo player
Was #1 in Solo Queue at one point

Sylentless

03-22-2011

Quick run down of how I do Teemo, based on what information I could get on Rain Man's Teemo (runes, masteries, and items).

Runes:

AS Marks
Armor Seals
MR/lvl Glyphs
HP Quints

Masteries:
9/21/0 Pretty self explanatory

Summoner Spells: Flash/Ignite

Items:
Start with cloth armor 5 health potions
Wriggle's Lantern
Boots (Merc treads usually, Berserker's greaves work though if you don't need/want Merc's)
Madred's BloodRazor
Frozen Mallet
Wit's End
Defensive Item (Guardian Angel, Banshee's Veil, etc.)
At this point you could possibly sell your Wriggle's for something else (Black Cleaver, Bloodthirster, etc.), but I doubt you'll get this far

As for strategy:
Shrooms EVERYWHERE. I've heard Rain Man has basically gotten to where he has with Teemo because of his map awareness. Combined with a Wriggle's he can see everything. This gives you the safety to push, push push, and farm. Blind carries in team fights, run around picking up any kills, kite people through shrooms.