Heimerdinger + Morello's evil tome?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenotime Gaze

03-22-2011

I've theorycrafted this for a while and was thinking this might actually be useful but i want more experienced persons to weigh in on this. I've tried experimenting with using morello's evil tome on heimerdinger. Here are the pro's and cons to both approaches from my perspective.

Idea 1 - Heim + Deathfire grasp

Pros:
Extra nuke (more useful as an initial burst move).
Provides decent offensive stats and mana regen

Cons:
needs the cooldown reduction mastery/masteries to achieve max cooldown reduction.
Limited variety of mastery builds with this function.
More expensive

Idea 2 - Heim + Morello's Evil Tome

Pros:
Max Cooldown reduction guaranteed at level 16
Stronger stats earlier (due to cheaper price)
Greater variety of mastery choices

Cons:
No extra nuke

I personally think that morello's evil tome is an excellent choice for heim, but i havent played him much with this item. Is it worth it?

archenemey

03-22-2011

In my opinion unless you already are doing a lot of damage and you just need deathfire to make sure someone dies morellos is ALOT better. The only time I have noticed deathfires active to be good is against tanks that have little magic resist which doesn't happen very often.

Scutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

Honestly a DFG isn't a bad item for Heimer but an Evil Tomb doesn't really do a ton either.
CD Reduction is the only reason to get it compared to other items, Just to cap 40%.
So in my oppinion try going more max Ap items as Heimer. So maybe after the initial Rabadons and one or two items it would be a good choice.

but as for is it usefull on him? Yes quite good on him. But is it worth it over other items? Not really.

As for stronger abilities early game Heimer should have no trouble shooting for what others might call "big items" (Rabadons, Hourglass) and getting them much faster with his great farming capability.