Ranked is just a coin flip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nokturnalex

03-25-2011

so hotshotgg has the best luck?

I'm sure he might have some skill, but i mean the way i've heard him treat teammates I don't think he has much leadership skills. So I guess he just lucks out with good teammates everytime eh?

I mean i can easily say they only time I've ever lost is due to my teammates and that wouldn't be a lie. Some people just don't know how to play, some people aren't aggressive enough, some people are too aggressive, some people are bored with playing the same hero every time and just experimenting, etc. But that's how a team game works sadly.

If there was a 1v1 mode that sure as hell would be fun.

HarisPiIton

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBUTTON View Post
The icing on the cake is atrocious players on the team refuse to surrender and make you sit through 30 more minutes of agony.
I've had games with these kind of people.

I couldn't thank them enough for our comeback and win in the end.

Snosauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnsupernoob View Post
This is probably another QQ ranked thread for all of you.

But everyone who is in 1100-1400 knows its absolutely true.

You win 8 games, finally climbing out of this **** range.

And then you get paired with complete ******s who I dont know how they got to level 30.

Im not the best player in the world, Ive had my bad games, but honestly going into 95% ranked game I know the outcome 10 minutes into the game. Yea we may pull it out with feeders, afker's 5% of the time, but thats 5%.

Dont pair the midrange of ELOs with kids who never played a ranked game and ask their buddies who are 400 ELO to play with them. This system is just absolutely terrible.

And go somewhere else? I really enjoy this game and want to play with non-******s, its that simple.
This couldn't be more true. But what does riot do about it? Absolutely nothing.

MajKusunagi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaveANiceDay View Post
In 600's ELO ranked is a coin flip, except the coin has five sides and four of them are bad.
Ahahahaha that made my day kinda

inFx

10-23-2011

solo queue is totally a coin flip when you

A) do not play one of three champions you main every game.
B) this problem could never be moderated you all have an issue with it but none of you offer any suggestions to fixing it.

I am from Space

10-23-2011

@Azzy12321 Lol, thank you for pointing out the fact that elo is indeed exactly supposed to be coin flip, haha. When I read this thread title I couldn't help but chuckle.

Struddle

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlis View Post
You need to have something to lose.
Not until you win a game you dont

Deathfairy

10-24-2011

If you start at zero and can not go down this will lead to elo inflation. Because anytime zero elo player loses a game he gives out 12 elo to other team but loses none. Veyr quickly this would lead to elo inflation. Meaning 500 elo was top notch 2 weeks ago now it is a noob elo.

On the other hand if you can lose elo below zero then nothing changed besides the fact now everyone's elo shifted down by 1200.

JeLLö

10-24-2011

I think you guys are not really thinking bout the whole coin flip statement the right way. Yes, it is designed to be a coin flip, but the goal of any system like this is to make the game competitive, yet maintaining the whole 50% odds. When the 50% odds are extremely lopsided victories/losses (in most cases), its pretty clear the system is not working correctly. A big issue with this system, as has been stated, is starting players at 1200. Simply lowering it to 1000 would be a phenomenal improvement.

*edit* Also, que dodging penalties; I can say with absolute certainty that 70% of my losses were known at the select screen with people trolling picks and instant screaming at each other, this is a big issue with no way to vote kick etc.

Huge Deuce

10-24-2011

It is without a doubt a coin flip. i just random a champion every game in solo queue now because its more fun and i still win over 50% of my games...i mean i was a bottom lane nasus against cait/taric one game and still won