Ranked is just a coin flip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jtnsupernoob

03-22-2011

This is probably another QQ ranked thread for all of you.

But everyone who is in 1100-1400 knows its absolutely true.

You win 8 games, finally climbing out of this **** range.

And then you get paired with complete ******s who I dont know how they got to level 30.

Im not the best player in the world, Ive had my bad games, but honestly going into 95% ranked game I know the outcome 10 minutes into the game. Yea we may pull it out with feeders, afker's 5% of the time, but thats 5%.

Dont pair the midrange of ELOs with kids who never played a ranked game and ask their buddies who are 400 ELO to play with them. This system is just absolutely terrible.

And go somewhere else? I really enjoy this game and want to play with non-******s, its that simple.

PBUTTON

03-22-2011

The icing on the cake is atrocious players on the team refuse to surrender and make you sit through 30 more minutes of agony.

Food D 2010

03-22-2011

I suggest adopting a floating starting rating for the rank beginners instead of a fixed one which is now 1200.

Each day let the system figure out some statistics about the whole rank population, and determine a 30 percentile rating(say 700 or below). And tomorrow a player for the first rank game will start with 700.

The exact percentile will be fixed(30 or 40 percentile), but the corresponding rating will fluctuate with the distribution movement. Lets call this solution STARTING RATING of THEDAY.

ClassicFumbles

03-23-2011

feeders, afkers, terribads, etc.. exist all the way up the elo ladder. Just pick cleave champs to get out of 1400, pretty easy imo.

Graogg

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBUTTON View Post
The icing on the cake is atrocious players on the team refuse to surrender and make you sit through 30 more minutes of agony.
You do realize that by surrendering you remove your slim chance of coming back (and everyone has had those amazing comebacks before), thus purposly reducing your chance to win. In other words, by surrendering in ranked, you are intentionally bad. Maybe that bad player knows something you dont...

Chubysnow

03-24-2011

So is normal, I just reached level 28 which has sent me into a whole new skill set. Every once in a long while I carry our team. Usually though, whoever wins is who gets the most level 30's and whoever loses is who gets the most level 26's.

Fever Waltz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-24-2011

everyone should start at 0 elo and earn there ranking
none of this insta 1200 rating

Heartlis

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalMagi View Post
everyone should start at 0 elo and earn there ranking
none of this insta 1200 rating
You need to have something to lose.

Azzy12321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2011

Commentin on the original title of this thread: "ranked is just a coin flip". Going by that, if the ELO system works properly, shouldn't all games be a coin flip? I mean, presumably the system should work out so that you have an approximately 50-50 chance of winning. Thus, if the statement is true, things are working out just fine. XD

MrHaveANiceDay

03-25-2011

In 600's ELO ranked is a coin flip, except the coin has five sides and four of them are bad.