AP TF or AD TF

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

03-22-2011

I was wondering which build do you guys suggest. I like a teamfight oriented build TF, not looking for solo push build and leaving 4v5 teamfights. but I push towers when the opportunity arises.

Not interested in hybrid either, I don't really agree with hybrid builds unless it's Kayle or Jax.If you can prove me wrong, feel free to do so.

Laian

03-22-2011

AD tf
Reasoning: early game they feel the same, but late game most other AP characters out do you while you can hold your own as AD. AP is highly reliant on pro cards/aiming, AD TF is a lot more reliable.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

Pure AD is not very good because TF lacks 1. range, and 2. enough skills that scale with ad.

Pure AP is also no good because TF's AP ratio has been nerfed again and again...

That is why hybrid is the way to go (nashors and rageblade and you will have both good autoattack and a nice amount of AP + CDR, afterwards you can transition to AD with one or two survival items then get bloodthirster/gunblade or Bloodrazor)

Most of my wins with TF are with hybrid builds, because AD is not very easy to pull off unless your opponents do not attack you(if you are dealing good AD damage, anyone worth his/her salt should focus you down first) and AP just is not as good as other AP casters.

As much as I hate Hannah Montana, I think getting the best of both world is the way to go on TF.

TriumphOvaU

03-22-2011

Pure Ap. Dps is ******ed because he only has 1 ability that has a AD ratio and that is red card which is useless unless your farming.

Infinity Power

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

Pure AP gives you the most burst damage on TF. An example similar to that would be Sion.

AP TF is great mid game

AD TF is great late game

Larson McMurphy

03-22-2011

Hybrid is pretty effective. Don't knock it until you try it. Nashor's and Rageblade are the way to go.

Kroghar

03-22-2011

I'm not much of a TF player, but I kind of feel that:

AD >slightly Solo Queue
AP > Arranged Team

AP TF players are the serious players that are built to be anti-carries. Ult in, drop their carry instantly before they can react. Much harder to counter than an AD TF. AD TF is great for carrying losing matches, just overall being able to backdoor and push lanes insanely fast then get away afterwards.

Even an AP build can drop towers VERY quickly with just a Sheen and Stinger.

Pplofdaworld

03-22-2011

Hybrid all the way.

Icarus Penna

03-23-2011

imo, both can carry, but have different play-style. With AP, of course you burst, and stay back between cooldown. With AD, your spell is just utility.