Warwick still worth buying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Booterang

03-22-2011

Warwick is still a strong character, he is just not longer the king of the jungle. Warwick after the supression mechanic was added borderline OP however, I could clear the jungle ridiculously fast and outlevel mid.

Ganking a sidelane when they are level 2 and you are level 4 was pretty ridiculous. Since his base stat nerf and the jungle buffs (as well as lane exp buffs) Warwick is no longer as much of an influence on a game, but he is still defintely a strong charactrer.

Quenthal

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post
No offense, but this is probably the dumbest thing I've read in my life.

@OP WW still one of the best champs in the game, suppresion is awesome and he's EASILY one of the strongest junglers.
Why is what i said dumb? If you compare both toons abilities thay are strikingly similer.
WW gains life, so does Noc.
WW has a Aspeed and Mspeed boost, so does Noc but his Mspeed move has the Ghost effect.
WW has a flash built into his ult, so does Noc but the range is much greater.
Yea WW supresses and thats huge, but Noc has a spell sheild, also huge.

Maby saying that Noc is an upgraded version was a little harsh. But then again thats how i see it. So yea, instead of giving reasons as to why you didnt like what i said instead you reverted to an elementary mentality and called it "dumb". Way to go buddy

McHue

03-22-2011

I own ww and he is one of my mains. I how ever lane ww as i fail jungling, but he is still insanely strong in team fights and if someone else on your team wants to jungle, ww is a very viable solo laner because of his passive lifesteal. Because of ww's blood scent he can easily make a last second escape in a fight if the enemy is weakened or just clear the distance between him and the enemy. Not to mention the 1 min cd on his ult becoming very usable late game. Ww is still one of the best 1 vs 1 in LoL.
And for u who think Nocturne is better 1 vs 1 then ww, well i dropped a nocturne today that was even more fed then me, i had 200 hp when he had about 600 and then i ultied and finished him.

Ginamo

03-22-2011

No. Nocturne is nothing like warwick, and that settles it. Their playstyles are vastly different.All the similarities your citing are superficial and when you go a bit deeper, are not similar at all. Warwicks passive is a sort of lifesteal that encourages you to stick to one target. Nocturnes passive is a one time aoe that gives (15/20/25) hp per target (golly guys, its EXACTLY like warwicks passive right????) The regen is not the strongest part of the passive, and when your 1v1ing its hardly noticeable, incidentally this is exactly when warwicks passive IS noticeable, in 1v1.

Im not going to go through this for every ability, but just because some skills have vague relations to each other, does not mean the champions are similar in their play style.

Quenthal

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamo View Post
No. Nocturne is nothing like warwick, and that settles it. Their playstyles are vastly different.All the similarities your citing are superficial and when you go a bit deeper, are not similar at all. Warwicks passive is a sort of lifesteal that encourages you to stick to one target. Nocturnes passive is a one time aoe that gives (15/20/25) hp per target (golly guys, its EXACTLY like warwicks passive right????) The regen is not the strongest part of the passive, and when your 1v1ing its hardly noticeable, incidentally this is exactly when warwicks passive IS noticeable, in 1v1.

Im not going to go through this for every ability, but just because some skills have vague relations to each other, does not mean the champions are similar in their play style.
lol no one said anything about there abilities being "exactly like the others". I mentioned that there was enough similarities between the twos abilities, that to me Noc is an upgraded version of WW. Sure you can nitpick the abilities and find the differences becouse, ghasp, they are different champions. But its ok if you feel otherwise

EDIT: Hijacked thread! lol i kid. Seriously though what i said was aimed at the OP. Just my 2 cents but i would deffinatly check out Noc if you are considering playing WW.

Ridisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronPrincessYmir View Post
lol no one said anything about there abilities being "exactly like the others". I mentioned that there was enough similarities between the twos abilities, that to me Noc is an upgraded version of WW. Sure you can nitpick the abilities and find the differences becouse, ghasp, they are different champions. But its ok if you feel otherwise

EDIT: Hijacked thread! lol i kid. Seriously though what i said was aimed at the OP. Just my 2 cents but i would deffinatly check out Noc if you are considering playing WW.
Nocturne is an Assassin, Warwick is not. Very different play styles, items, setups, and the like.

Unparallelogram

03-22-2011

Warwick is not the fastest jungler. He is not the best. His gank and counterjungle is mediocre.

He is, however, the SAFEST jungler. With certain runes and routes he's above 80% HP at all times and doesn't really need pots.