Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can I change my LoL client´s resolution outside of game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Szass Tam

02-13-2010

So i was doing a practice game and tried to change the resolution. Apparently a chose a wrong value for it and now my monitor is incapable of showing anything, so i can´t change it back to a normal value. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

02-13-2010

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG\GAME.CFG

Open that file with notepad and change the Height and Width fields to adjust the resolution.

Szass Tam

02-13-2010

Problem solved, thanks a whole lot =)

Cevify

08-12-2010

How do you change the resolution of the client that you use to go into the store and what not?

It's too big for my 33" inch screen (Doesn't support anything higher than 1360x768).

Cevify

08-19-2010

bump

Ex7 pwn

09-12-2010

just in case you haven't figured it out yet, just place your mouse on the edge of the window, click and drag i was trying that too today and i just discovered it :P happy resolution-changing

Immobilon

09-12-2010

Quote:
Ex7 pwn:
just in case you haven't figured it out yet, just place your mouse on the edge of the window, click and drag i was trying that too today and i just discovered it :P happy resolution-changing

Is it possible to change the default resolution without dragging? It just sort of gets annoying after a while.

Ex7 pwn

12-02-2010

Quote:
Immobilon:
Is it possible to change the default resolution without dragging? It just sort of gets annoying after a while.

I didn't see there was a reply, I apologize.
Somewhere in the game folder should be a config file which if opened with a notepad (or any text editor) should present a value named "height" and another one named "length" or something like this. Changing those values should correct your default resolution

EDIT:
as our friend ThuggleS notes in this (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=135869) thread, "If you go to League of Legends > game > DATA > CFG > game.cfg and open with notepad you can change the resolution."

Globewalker

05-29-2011

When I went into the folder and changed the height and width to what I wanted, saved and closed it. When I went back in game it was not fixed!

Sevarg

06-07-2011

this no longer works