Urgot's Ult and Role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synlarch

03-21-2011

I love Urgot's Q, W, and E, and how they all work out. When it comes to the R, though, I don't even want to put skillpoints in it. It's super situational. Read: it's pretty much unusable in 99% of situations because of how champions are matched up. In fact, the times that I actually found it useful didn't seem to have much to do with the functioning of the ult itself:

- slow someone down because they're a melee DPS and you want them far away from you;
- ult someone to make it easy to land E on them;
- ult someone to disorient people;
- ult someone to buy time;
- slow someone down because they're running;
- ult someone into a turret;
- ult randomly to get the armor (and movement decrease).
Most of these sound like a buff/debuff and a stun, maybe even a taunt. Not an ult that switches locations. Ulting people into turrets becomes useless fast.

Sometimes you have a case where you ult because someone is killing a squishy and you switch places with them... pretty much the only case when it's showing itself at all.

Overall, though, some guides suggest that due to this ult Urgot should build offtank coming late game and I just really do not find that attractive at all. Nor do any of the situations mentioned above benefit much from an offtank build. Ehhh yay put yourself in the middle of enemy team to give your team some squishie (if you're lucky they won't stun/silence you into oblivion and you can flash out). Too bad that's a horrible idea if you have the highest kills on your team. Yeah. Nasus doesn't do this.
Also, AP bonus to his shield? Really? What is this supposed to be, AP tank or something?

Can we have Urgot converted to ranged DPS and give him a proper ult?
Or a tank maybe?

NoX Zenilant

03-21-2011

Urgot's ult is hilarious. Use it to disrupt team fights or teleport enemy squishies into towers. It's not the kind of thing you spam whenever you want to. Yes, it's very situational, but that doesn't make it any less useful. Urgot's dominates lanes early game, but late game he's meant for utility/disruption, ganking, and generally being a pain in the ass to the enemy team.

PKattacks

03-21-2011

Imo manamune+brutalizer early into tanky late for initiator

Khalahn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Try using it to grab their ranged carry and drop them in the middle of your entire team. Trust me, they will NOT be happy.

Houle

03-22-2011

Urgot's ult is good to make the best player of the other team instantly die by switching him in the middle of ur team and slowing him, although, when you switch him, you become very defensive for 4 secs which allow you to stay in the middle of the other team and to use ur shield to slow the others members of their teams which are running away because their main carry just got raped.

Not LiteKerosene

03-22-2011

GA is a must

Rekitsu

03-22-2011

I like his ult for the supress, it's rare you see people use as such though. However it's the only interupt he has

MrCheaterPants

03-22-2011

I hate urgot with a passion. You get no support from me.

Synlarch

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekitsu View Post
I like his ult for the supress, it's rare you see people use as such though. However it's the only interupt he has
Pretty much. I mainly use his ult as a form of a stun, so it's better than nothing...

As for ulting a carry into my team... yeah gl with that in solo que, really. Team doesn't kill carry because they fail. Team runs and leave Urgot to die. Team not well assembled in general. I don't like things that make champions situationally maladaptive when there's Nasus who can be effective without doing that. It's like Kat's ult. Yeah, once in a blue moon it's actually useful... but generally if my team is that good Urgot's ult is quite unnecessary, the carry will die anyway.

Ga won't save you. Neither will flash. Not only am I always targeted first, but I also put myself in the middle of enemy team, and my location is predictable. o.o

My build is Tear>CDR Boots>Brutalizer>Manamune
Pretty typical actually. I may or may not get the tank items, though, I learned that I need to be as far from battle as possible. Not only is Urgot slow but he's also everyone's favorite target, so I often just go with Black Cleaver and Bloodthirstier and Ghost around Qing people to death.

idioSyncr4zy

03-22-2011

Urgot is one of the champs that I will simply never play on any solo que anymore... his ults takes too much co-ordination and time after time I have been dissappointed in the lack of even the most simple concepts of co-ordination in solo que... I love playing him with my friends, though. His ult is a great suppression and the switch is great for runners. I can't count how many runners have been undone by Urgot's ult or how many teammates have been saved from a chasing carry.