Solo Mid vs Fiddle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unparallelogram

03-21-2011

I have no stun/silence. This is such a gimmick. No matter what I do, he can always heal, whether off me or minions. If I go anywhere near him, I get feared and drained, and I come out with less hp than I started. Help?

Juanderful

03-21-2011

Switch lanes with someone who can stun him or interrupt his drain.

Ebonclaw

03-21-2011

He is so mana constrained, it's not even funny. With most champs you should be able to either A) push the lane to stunt his farm, B) harass him from a range that is safe enough to make his Fear/Drain combo inefficient, or C) just call for a gank, he's in no way durable or escapable at low levels.

Fiddle is a terrible mid, don't despair, you'll get better. <3

Kuryaka

03-21-2011

Fiddle kills melee champs - he can drain faster than you can attack. His fear and drain have pretty poor range though, so if you have anyone with 500+ range you can harrass safely. If he's healing using drain, he burns a lot of mana. With any less than 100 mana he's pretty much dead weight, so you can hit him then.
It's like playing against other spell-based healers: keep poking until they run out of mana.

Cenerae

03-21-2011

Who are you playing as? If you have a healing debuff and some form of ranged poke, you can beat him out by forcing him to drain creeps for health - only he can't do that efficiently because of your healing debuff, and you can jump on him for more damage while he's channelling it.

Fiddle's at his most vulnerable in the lane if you can force him to drain creeps. Even if you can't really outdamage the healing it gives him, you can stop him from regenerating much health. Which makes him drain again, which gives you more free shots at him. It won't take too long for his mana to run out if he doesn't have a blue buff.

If you're unable to do that effectively or safely then your options are either to tower hug, call for a gank, or switch lanes.

Unparallelogram

03-21-2011

I was Akali. So I was primarily melee, and my only form of ranged harrass puts me in danger of fear and drain. In retrospect, we lost at champ select because we lacked hard CC as an entire team.

A Graceful Seal

03-21-2011

Akali isn't usually the ideal mid, but from your description above, I'll take it that you were the only viable choice for the lane. In you case, you could have done your circle and then harass with Q.

Fiddle is really easy to deny in middle, i guess your champion just wasn't fit to go against him.

A good counter for fiddle would be ashe, ez, cait. Pretty much any long range champion, or (as said above) anyone that can interrupt his drain.

deathechos

03-21-2011

I play as fiddle most of my games and will say the toughest champs middle for me to solo against are ashe, caitlyn, and Lux because of their longer range and faster movement speed..

Raunchyyy

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathechos View Post
I play as fiddle most of my games and will say the toughest champs middle for me to solo against are ashe, caitlyn, and Lux because of their longer range and faster movement speed..
They own fiddle all day. If you're melee switch lanes with someone that isn't.

If you have no ranged champ then you guys ****ed up.

Cenerae

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unparallelogram View Post
I was Akali. So I was primarily melee, and my only form of ranged harrass puts me in danger of fear and drain. In retrospect, we lost at champ select because we lacked hard CC as an entire team.
Fiddle pretty much hard counters Akali in the lane. He can simply sit there and drain you even when you're hiding in your shroud.

Not a whole lot you could have done in that situation honestly, except somehow try to get him to drain a minion from lvl 6+, and then try to burst him down with the help of ignite. Which sadly, probably wouldn't even work until later when you have enough farm to properly outdamage his healing. :/