Karma5's Sexy Nocturne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rappahannock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Hey all im going to post my interpretation of jungling nocturne. Nocturne is a great jungler and ganker. His Q ability + passive make him an excellent farmer and often times I finish with the most creep kills on the map.

My runes are as follows:
ArPen - Marks (+15)
flat armor - seals (+13)
Attack speed - glyphs (+5.7%)
movespeed - quints (+4.5%)

I follow a standard 21/0/9 mastery build

I'm a big fan of movement because outrunning the enemy has saved me during multiple occasions. Also as a jungler, moving across the map at the fastest possible speed is key. I almost always will get boots of swiftness or mobility. I will never buy zerker greaves. You do not need the extra attack speed with your items. Also, merc treads are almost not necessary, Noct is very squishy and most of the time these boots will not even save me if I'm cc'd hard.

As a jungler it is important to note if the enemy has a jungler or not. If not, then good for you you have free reign to extra exp/buffs and free roam amongst the map. If their team has a jungler then it is your job to control the map and protect your teammates from ganks (buy wards). Even if you cannot gank the enemy jungler, you can still deny his exp and really put a hurt on his leveling. As nocturne, I will almost always start at the enemy wraiths. As a side note, it is probably a good idea to ask your teammates to watch your blue for a ward (I have been ganked in a couple of games because of a ward placed at my blue while I was at wraiths).

My jungle route is as follows:
Enemy wraiths
wolves
your wraiths
twin golem
blue golem

After you grab blue golem you should hit level 5 (with mastery) and ~750g. Since you start with cloth armor + 5 pots, your first item should be Madred's razors (you should have enough for another 1-2 health pots). You should be communicating with your teammates when you are almost ready to gank (ETA 2 min) as to let your teammates know to not push and give you room for gank. Look for a possibly squishy or someone low on health. Also, note if they have flash or an easy escape ability. I will almost never try to gank someone with a flash as an ability because it is d*** near impossible to gank (unless they are super pushed to your turret). If there are no ganks available then continue in the jungle. Check on the enemy wraiths again to see if you can steal some more exp. Once you hit 6 + lizard buff, you should be able to get off an easy kill of an unsuspecting enemy. With nocturnes jungling speed and ganking enemy creeps, you should hit 6 before their jungler and also bot dual lane. If you can get a kill, you should have 1000g and should immediately buy wriggles and boots + 1-2 pots. At this point, at level 7-8 you are able to hit dragon. Nocturne has high base attack speed and with the added lifesteal from wriggles, you are able to solo dragon (popped health pot helps). Just be aware of the lanes as to not get ganked.

When ever possible look to farm or push. Nocturne can clear creep waves with one ability and a few auto attacks.

My final build goes like this

Wriggles

Boots
some attack speed item - zeal > phantom dancer
or black cleaver
then build damage - i normally go for an infinity edge
then you could either go survivability or more damage if the games in your control

Here is some sample game play of my jungle nocturne from youtube.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj33LjpTFEY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arhzd..._order&list=UL

Rappahannock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

livestream up as well on occasion when i dont have class/homework

http://www.own3d.tv/live/23671

Rappahannock

03-21-2011

live

athan

03-21-2011

theres a high chance your blue will get stolen no? nocturne jungles pretty slowly and at precarious health levels at some points if i'm not wrong

Rappahannock

03-21-2011

yes thats why i have someone watching it. after the creeps hit the lane normally no one will try and steal it.

also nocturne is not a slow jungler. he can make rounds at each spawn time. sometimes i have to wait for the creeps to respawn

AngerAlone

03-21-2011

Normally, I start at blue, then go wolves, wraiths, little golems. After that I bluepill, and have enough to pick up a vamp scepter (and i still have 2 hp pots at this point). I get red, pot to full health and then gank away. It seems pretty effective.

Doowa

03-22-2011

in the video, you build Brut after wriggles and boots1, but in the 'guide' you recommend an AS item at this point.
Would you rate AS or AD more importent on Nocturne at this stage in the game? (I'm assuming your generel advise is AD > AS...)

second, in the video, your team is having a pretty easy time... at what point would you say Noc has "enough" dps and should focus on not being a glas cannon?
I like to jungle WW, mainly because he can focus on survival fairly early in his build, which helps the team IMO. Should Noc be played as a glass cannon assassin in your oppinion or...

Rappahannock

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowa View Post
in the video, you build Brut after wriggles and boots1, but in the 'guide' you recommend an AS item at this point.
Would you rate AS or AD more importent on Nocturne at this stage in the game? (I'm assuming your generel advise is AD > AS...)
I think i bought brutalizer in the video because i had roughly ~1400-1500g and brutalizer was right there on the recommended items so it looked intriguing to me.

im still experimenting if its absolutely necessary to go one item or the other, and in my experience so far its not necessary. At that point, still early in the game, it just comes down to preference and the resources you have at the moment. sometimes it depends on the team you are playing against (one game i went up against an alistar, singed, jarvan on the same team, so i bought a brutalizer) i would either get a zeal or brutalizer. i like getting zeal because it makes farming (+movement speed) so much easier (with your wriggles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowa View Post
second, in the video, your team is having a pretty easy time... at what point would you say Noc has "enough" dps and should focus on not being a glas cannon?
I like to jungle WW, mainly because he can focus on survival fairly early in his build, which helps the team IMO. Should Noc be played as a glass cannon assassin in your oppinion or...

yes i feel like noct should be built a glass cannon early. Focusing on lone targets and easy kills at first and farming especially. You dont have to be ganking at every possible moment. get your buffs, get your farm and if you see a vulnerable target or an opportunity to gank, jump on it.

Our team was about even (i think both the kass's were 2/2 on each other). However our poppy and sona was having some trouble with GP and morgana, i think the turning point of the game was when i got the double kill when rammus tried to gank. To answer your "glass cannon" question, I would suggest getting survivability items after you get your main dps build (i.e., zeal or black cleaver > IE or bloodthirster > guardian angel or banshees)

I think late in the video i never got survivability. With nocturnes passive, wriggles and high attack speed, ive been trying to see if i build items like bloodthirster and starks, if i could possibly "out heal" the other teams dps as my survivability, but i think a banshees or GA would be better off. hope this helps.

edit: item builds also come down to how well you are doing in the game. i was 6/0 at one point so i just kept getting dps items, if i was having trouble staying alive i would recommend start building a GA or Banshees

also, take a look at whos on your team. Do you have a tank and tanky dps already or do you have one tank and youre the next beefiest champ on your team? if you have more beef on your team, you could essentially afford to go a more "glass cannon" build.

Wriggles > boots 1 > brut > boots 2 > zeal > youmuu's > then either finish phantom dancer or get survivability
or
Wriggles> boots 1 > black cleaver > phage > frozen mallet > GA/Banshees