Laning against Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

So, on my smurf today I was laning against a solo-top Renekton. I was playing Sion. Admittedly, after watching the replay, I was too aggressive at level 1, and thus was unable to farm for the rest of the laning phase. He bursted me from 600~ to 300~ with auto hits and his combos, and after that, I was getting zoned.

So, how do I do it? I know with Sion I'm able to clear waves really quickly, which should help against a Renekton, but only from levels 5 - 9 will this be possible.

It's difficult farming at level 1 - 6 against a really aggressive Renekton. What do I do?

Shamanb

03-21-2011

Tower hug.

I know it sucks, but face it, there is no way in hell Sion can take on Renekton 1v1. Renekton has ******ed burst early game + a stun and a godly gap closer in a lane with minions, Sion simply can't harrass him, so if he's aggressive, just tower hug.

You will farm a bit less, but who cares, 200 less gold won't affect you that much... 3 levels late cause of dying all the time WILL.

Also ask your jungler to gank once he gets near tower. Sion is a real good gank partner, so any decent jungler should be able to help you with that.

MrHaveANiceDay

03-21-2011

Renekton can't pull of a combo until level 3. He either gets his Q or his W at level 1, then his E at level 2. His cooldowns are incredibly long, so use that to your advantage at early levels.

letsgocaps8

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zignature View Post
Admittedly, after watching the replay
What?

offSwitch

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgocaps8 View Post
What?
He might have a live stream or something to record games.

Alrocsmash

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by offSwitch View Post
He might have a live stream or something to record games.
Fraps

LouieTheHedgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgocaps8 View Post
What?
leagueofreplays.com

Prometheius

03-22-2011

You stop pushing the lane like an idiot. That's how you play against ALL Melees with hard CC.

Castro2man

03-22-2011

a .75 stun is a hard cc?

even with rage it is only 1.5....

i hardly think renek has Hard CC

Dakkas

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro2man View Post
a .75 stun is a hard cc?

even with rage it is only 1.5....

i hardly think renek has Hard CC
Well I played against a good Renekton in lane as Xin and he always made sure that he had the fury bonus so if I ever jumped him, he would W-Q me so I ended up losing