Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

who are the best starting champions for beginers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrPhillang

03-21-2011

Basically any champion that can be bought for 450 IP ._. or the free champions of the week :P

Captain Rakowski

03-21-2011

I think Sion and Taric are a decent champions to start on, especially if you have some more experienced friends to play with. Both are fairly tough, which is nice since newer players tend to get into dangerous spots through poor positioning that can get them killed. They have simple-to-use stuns with obvious applications, and their other skills (though learning when to use them) aren't the sort that punish you for screwing them up (e.g. flashes, skillshots, and long-CD ults). They're good champs for learning the basics of the game, as they provide something tangibly useful without the pressure of playing a farming carry or a tank.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Booterang

03-21-2011

check the reccomended tag. those champions are generally easy to handle for their class type.

Cenerae

03-21-2011

Quote:
Meserion:
all the 400 ip champions, theres a reason there that low. the more expensive the champion is the steeper the learning curve is to be good with them.

False. Some of the 400ip champs are actually difficult to play and get any results out of for a new player.

Hand a new player a Nunu or a Kayle and they're not likely to do so well. Nor would they likely get far with Sivir.

On the other hand, Miss Fortune's hardly difficult to pick up and use, and there's not much of a learning curve with her. And she's 6300.

Of the low-costing 400 IP champs, the only easy ones to just pick up and play with some degree of effectiveness are Yi and Ashe, and Soraka if supporting is your thing. The others take a bit more micromanagement to be effective, or require a lot of farm a typical newbie won't understand how to get.

Crazyflames

03-21-2011

The "suggested" and lower-cost champs.

Quenthal

03-21-2011

I started with Sivir and had a blast. Her skillshot is pretty easy to hit with and her other abilities are pretty stright forward. The spell shield is prolly the only thing that took a bit to get used to.

MachoSavage

03-21-2011

Most of the 450 ip champs.
I found that even some of the 6k champs are as easy as the 450 ip champs (miss fortune, karthus (easier than you think), caitlyn)

malphismia

03-22-2011

Pretty much the first champions I bought, became my mains. so choose wisely. For starters, I can say without a doubt learning Shaco as my first main carried me through countless games. He is a really good champion in low levels, just because he capitalizes on other new player's mistakes.

Ranged DPS are fairly harder because you have to learn positioning and the when it's a good time to farm or when its a good time to help your team. I would just pick an assassin champion to be honest.

Icarus Penna

03-22-2011

Quote:
Meserion:
all the 400 ip champions, theres a reason there that low. the more expensive the champion is the steeper the learning curve is to be good with them.

Agree, with exception of Tryndamere.

Mael

03-22-2011

Try Annie, she is fairly cheap and fun.