Bring back no leave bonus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hampsterblade

04-09-2011

Definitely just reduce the amount awarded in a game by 40 or 50, hell even 60! and put the rest as a bonus for not leaving/ afking, disconnect should be excluded as it's not always our fault (as long as they come back within a reasonable time (<2 minutes)). Too many people join and just sit idle to boost their IP, pull them down by 60, and well like hell they won't participate, why are you even playing for like 20 IP?

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterblade View Post
Definitely just reduce the amount awarded in a game by 40 or 50, hell even 60! and put the rest as a bonus for not leaving/ afking
Something like this. Leave it to Riot (nyuk) to decide the best numbers.

I am not looking to cajole more total IP out of the devs. I favor the leave bonus because it will reduce leaving. To me it makes no sense that it was dumped. (I imagine some junior dev saying to the big boys "oh yes leaving was totally solved by our leaverbuster system!! everything is completely fine now!!!11!!one" well except not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterblade View Post
disconnect should be excluded as it's not always our fault (as long as they come back within a reasonable time (<2 minutes)).
I'd go for this if it is practical to do. I do know that you can't distinguish easily between involuntary DC and just pulling the router cable, so the game would have to track connection status and that might be too time consuming to code and balance.

Xenophobed

04-12-2011

/Signed You have my support =)

RiceOfLife

04-12-2011

If they don't add at least add an IP bonus, Riot should implement some bonus gold system when there is a leaver like in DotA; When a player on your team leaves, you should be given some extra gold to buy items to compensate for that lost person. There might be ways to exploit the system, but Riot is just letting us get screwed through its current system as of now anyways...

Marcian Tobay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

I think rewarding Non-Leavers is a great idea.

Additionally, people that leave should be put to the back of the queue in the game's sorting system. This prevents them from being able to access the "good stuff" as a reward for abandoning new friends in need.

JasmineChen

05-08-2011

away from game for a few days.. come back to.. a leaver, for more of that special League of Leavers feeling

zTHP

05-08-2011

Support.

Pylar

05-09-2011

So,if I am stuck with 4 feeders who all refuse to surrender,I should stay and waste my time in such a dreadful manner? Marvelous suggestion. Please continue.

JasmineChen

05-10-2011

It's really up to you, what you choose to do. My suggestion doesn't penalize you for leaving. You could mostly play games out, then leave when you had a bad one, and restart your no leave bonus streak with your next game.

However your post is disingenuous. Again and again people leave before the outcome of the game is known, and the leaving itself decides which way the game goes. People leave after FB, or when someone has died twice, or if they personally do badly on an otherwise strong team, or just randomly for no apparent game-related reason. The "4 feeders on my team ayyyy" scenario is not the usual situation with leaving.

Fryulator

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylar View Post
So,if I am stuck with 4 feeders who all refuse to surrender,I should stay and waste my time in such a dreadful manner? Marvelous suggestion. Please continue.
Be a man and play it out. Usually in that situation, your team was just outplayed, and if the gods hate you and they are 4 intentional feeders (has happened to me once) it'll be over real soon.