[Guide] Nocturne...The Jungling Nightmare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PotatoCats

07-21-2011

I'm new to jungleing

JohnCataldo

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
Hey this is a question to the OP or anyone who knows nocturne well. I am starting to get into jungling and noc is one that im walking into this startegy with. I have been searching youtube and I found a solid noc jungle vid that goes against the standard jungle path that this one shows.

Can you tell me why yours is better. I dont mean to criticize. I just want to jungle the best way with noc and know the reason why its better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbshyfbuowA&feature=fvsr
Junglers should take smite. It's faster, lets you steal buffs from enemies, and helps a lot in preventing enemies stealing yours (though that can't be guaranteed). Nocturne has some extra benefit when stealing since he can fly in at the last second.

Personally I'm a fan of Exhaust on Nocture, practically guaranteeing ganks and giving you a really good chance of winning 1v1 fights, plus it's usually good to have an exhaust in most games (there's usually some strong physical DPS you'll want to shut down in team fights).

If you lane with Nocturne, Exhaust + Ignite is a good combo (and he is a strong laner, just also a strong jungler, and there's fewer champs fitting that description.)

Axemdrake

08-08-2011

Using your same mastery setup, and mostly same runes (I use flat HP quints) I take this jungle route.

Blue buff(smite)(+W)
Wolves
Mini golems(+E)
Red Buff(smite)

My skill order is Q/W/E/Q....

All 5 pots down I usually end this sequence with about 50-60% HP and can use the fresh red buff to gank. If there is no gank available then I do banshees and b with about 10-15% HP left. I prefer this order though because it nets red buff and the ability to gank as soon as you get it.

My build/order overall is built toward early game ganks with the flat HP quints and red buff focus.

Axiiom

08-08-2011

I really want to try Nocturne now :3

MrPlato

04-15-2013

kinda long but i find it pretty usefull

Freyjana

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlato View Post
kinda long but i find it pretty usefull
Cool necro.

If you find a guide utilizing an outdated mastery tree alongside runes that don't even exist anymore useful, I really hope I don't see you using nocturne in game D: