So I just solo queued to 2k Elo with Jarvan IV.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level6Chocobo

Senior Member

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTEX View Post
wow, I don't believe there's actually ppl jealous of your ELO posting and trolling here -_-
I don't think it's that.

I think they just don't want to accept that an average player (me) can get to a higher elo by learning to play better. When Jarvan went on free I wanted to learn to play him so I watched some replays on youtube of HotshotGG playing him and not only learned how to play Jarvan but learned how to play better overall. My whole attitude towards this game has changed the higher I go in the rankings.

I used to be one of those people who thought "I'm so pro, I should be at high elo, I'm the best on my team every game and matchmaking just puts me with baddies". When I look back on how I used to play I can now see so many flaws. I've accepted the fact that if I win a game, it wasn't my doing. It was my whole teams effort. Same with losses, I can see my mistakes more clearly now and I accept that. When I miss a few knock ups, or die stupidly and then we lose, I know I could have played better and possibly won and I don't just rage at our mid for going 0/2.

In my last 3 games (all with players from 1900-2300) people on my team have tried to surrender and yet we ended up winning. I had a jungle Tryndamere on my team one game, when I was 1400 I probably would have raged and told him to play someone else, but now I just accept the fact that I can't control my team mates actions, all I can do is work with them.

TL;DR: I think they just want to believe I got lucky or got carried to this elo because then they can keep on thinking they deserve to be higher and it's just their team mates fault for being stuck where they are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garion

Senior Member

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level6Chocobo View Post
I don't think it's that.

I think they just don't want to accept that an average player (me) can get to a higher elo by learning to play better. When Jarvan went on free I wanted to learn to play him so I watched some replays on youtube of HotshotGG playing him and not only learned how to play Jarvan but learned how to play better overall. My whole attitude towards this game has changed the higher I go in the rankings.

I used to be one of those people who thought "I deserver to be at high elo, I'm the best on my team every game and matchmaking just puts me with baddies". When I look back on how I used to play I can now see so many flaws. I duo queue with friends on my 'main' (the account I couldn't get above 1500 elo on, even though I thought I was a great player) and I play so much better. I've accepted the fact that if I win a game, it wasn't my doing. It was my whole teams effort. Same with losses, I can see my mistakes more clearly now and I accept that. When I miss a few knock ups, or die stupidly and then we lose, I know I could have played better and possibly won and I don't just rage at our mid for going 0/2.

In my last 3 games (all with players from 1900-2300) people on my team have tried to surrender and yet we ended up winning. I had a jungle Tryndamere on my team one game, when I was 1400 I probably would have raged and told him to play someone else, but now I just accept the fact that I can't control my team mates actions, all I can do is work with them.

TL;DR: I think they just want to believe I got lucky or got carried to this elo because then they can keep on thinking they deserve to be higher and it's just their team mates fault for being stuck where they are.
i dont think people are jealous, i also congratulate you for reaching your current Elo, i am just saying some of the doubts of the legitimacy (using the word vaguely) of your current Elo is reasonable

i mean... some doubt due to envy, some anger, some skeptic, etc, but most doubts are reasonable... its just reasonable doubt, no need to take it personally

=/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

all in the game

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level6Chocobo View Post
Balanced champ is balanced.

EDIT: Decided to make a guide (hopefully I win the $25 RP prize and can buy Jarvan skins, cause we all know how OP skins are)

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...21331300724586
heres the flaw. you say jarvan got u to 2k elo. so your saying you dont belong at 2k elo, the champ is just op.

most people struggle to raise their elo and want to be a high elo as a measure of skill.

so why would u tell everyone how hes op, and needs a nerf. the nerf part i am reading in between the lines a bit. but if i found out some champ was awesome, i did well with him, no one else knew about him, and i climed high on the ladder i sure wouldnt make a form post qqing about how that champ is op.

this is propaganda. i dont buy it.

edit: who downvoted? op and his main? who would say their main champ is op openly on the forums. makes no sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VORTEX

Senior Member

03-21-2011

all I can do is work with them.


THIS ^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Von Richthofen

Senior Member

03-21-2011

But it is their teammate's faults. It's everyone's teammate's faults for not carrying everyone to high elo where we can all be happy and nothing costs any money and everybody is equal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverduckie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-21-2011

111 normal games won and somehow you at 2000 elo, pro


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joey bad4ss

Member

03-21-2011

Still has level 2 runes.

EPIC


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverduckie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-21-2011

this guy definitely duo with someone lol, what are the chances of going from 1200 to 2000 alone without getting dumb teammates, even long time players still lose around that elo range


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level6Chocobo

Senior Member

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverduckie View Post
this guy definitely duo with someone lol, what are the chances of going from 1200 to 2000 alone without getting dumb teammates, even long time players still lose around that elo range
I did get "dumb teammates", but so did the other team.

I still get trolls/feeders/ragers at 2k+ Elo. You just have to learn how to win with them on your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JEMANGEDESMONDES

Senior Member

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level6Chocobo View Post
I did get "dumb teammates", but so did the other team.

I still get trolls/feeders/ragers at 2k+ Elo. You just have to learn how to win with them on your team.
^^^^^

congrats .OP

I have never played jarvan myself yet but I do think building straight up tank while doing damage is viable on way too many champions. Fed/farmed glass canon carries can still be instagibbed by too many of them.