Is there an option to switch back to the old UI?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SUNTZUSAIDTHAT

08-28-2011

Seriously, I've been willing to be flexible with all of the changes that have been made to the HUD in the past. And, hell, most of the changes have been actual improvements. But the current UI is counter-intuitive to anyone who has played an MMORPG with it sticking enemy information in the severe upper left corner. A UI should not induce a cognitive disconnect between clicking on a unit and providing a scrap of information on that unit. And yet by sticking that **** into the upper left with zero thought given to any aesthetic spacing between the box and the corner of the screen, the information is less accessible that it would have otherwise been when it appeared beside the player portrait in past versions.

I hate to nerd rage about dumb **** like this, but this is actually impacting the playability of the game. I don't even need to go into how overdesigned and cluttered the tab-select team information is and how badly it needs to be streamlined down to being readable without a second thought. The entire overhaul feels like either someone was thinking way, way too hard or the project was handed off to a couple of interns.