(Tutorial) How to create your own skins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

Member

08-22-2009

What kind of errors?
Which point do you have problems doing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1b2fae32403405

Senior Member

08-22-2009

lol2obj/lolviewer crash


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

Member

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morto View Post
lol2obj/lolviewer crash
Hm, sadly I really canīt do anything about that. Iīm not a programmer and didnt create nor am I able to modify these applications. But kudos to their respective creators anyway, they work for many.
Itīs some compatibility issue. You could try installing different versions of .NET, but it might mess with your PC.
You can still recolour skins though, the problem is that you wont see how they look before you load up the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jerzy

Senior Member

08-22-2009

I read the OP. What incentive does this give to people to buy the Riot skins? Honestly. There's not much keeping you from making "custom" skins that resemble if not duplicate the ones that will most likely be for sale.

Sure you're the only one who can see them. But then again it takes away part of the incentive of buying the skins in the first place.

OP, you gonna ask me to read the OP anyways now? Last person with a post of the like got that sort of reaction...

I for one want this game to do well and be around for a long while.

Aside from that, I would also prefer to see Riot selling skin and the like ingame as opposed to POWER.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1b2fae32403405

Senior Member

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil View Post
Hm, sadly I really canīt do anything about that. Iīm not a programmer and didnt create nor am I able to modify these applications. But kudos to their respective creators anyway, they work for many.
Itīs some compatibility issue. You could try installing different versions of .NET, but it might mess with your PC.
You can still recolour skins though, the problem is that you wont see how they look before you load up the game.
yeah i know, before this patch i edited some skins (and i think that was why i had to reinstall before patching...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

Member

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
I read the OP. What incentive does this give to people to buy the Riot skins? Honestly. There's not much keeping you from making "custom" skins that resemble if not duplicate the ones that will most likely be for sale.

Sure you're the only one who can see them. But then again it takes away part of the incentive of buying the skins in the first place.

OP, you gonna ask me to read the OP anyways now? Last person with a post of the like got that sort of reaction...

I for one want this game to do well and be around for a long while.

Seriously, what do you want me to do?
Why are you telling me this?

I asked developers about it, the developers know about it (in my hyper long feedback, you can easily find it, theres a search function, you know), read this thread for their responses to another skin http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=5476. Did you read "please donīt create custom mods" in it? Because all I read was "this is awesome, now my GF wants it to go into the game".

They can tell us anytime to stop it, they can modify the way the files are stored anytime, they can delete this thread anytime.

But guess what, this thread is still here, people enjoy the skins so of course there needs to come some jerk who didnīt read anything regarding this, doesnīt know s***, but is acting all self-righteous.

First think, then search, then post, pls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jerzy

Senior Member

08-22-2009

I thought and I thought and I thought.

And I thought that you don't like the fact that someone says something critical about this HappyNihil. Oh my gawd, I expressed my opinion and my own thoughts on the matter. I thought that's what these forums where for, to express our thought, opinions, feelings, problems, etc. etc. etc. about LoL.

I'm sorry I'm not here to give you a pat on the back. As stated before I FEEL like this is a Pandora's box that might or might not lead Riot to consider selling POWER. PERSONALLY as in ME, I'd like them to sell skins and other doo dads as opposed to POWER.

I guess I'm JERK because I have an opinion.

My dad used to tell me this Polish cliche of sorts, "give them a finger and they want the entire hand", well here is a free game and that doesn't seem like enough...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

Member

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
I guess I'm JERK because I have an opinion.
No, youīre a jerk because you do not give the slightest effort to finding out whether your point wasnīt discussed and resolved before you jump to conclusions that you call an opinion.

I do not care for a "pat on the back", but critise me for things that have something to do with me (poor quality of tutorial, bad wording of it etc.), I wonīt be critized for something thatīs not my fault, not my problem and that I asked the developers myself.

The OP clearly states that developers know about it and it probably wonīt make it into the final game. It clearly states that this is purely for fun and that people should enjoy it while it lasts.
What else should I write there?

I just edited it to make it even more clear. Weīll see if it works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

765Immortal

Senior Member

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil View Post
It might be an OS issues, since Im running XP SP3 and not Vista, but some users reported that it works for Vista and 7 as well.
I have no idea, but I think that .sco is a custom made file type, thatīs why we use the lol2obj to reverse it into readable format.
Try the LoL Viewer I added to the opening post.

wtf, I'm running XP SP3. Ok. So where have you placed your lol2obj.exe at?

The sco file is probably some proprietary format used by Riot for whatever reasons -- doesn't matter to me.

I tried to update my .NET Framework to 3.5 and I get Setup Error during the installing process.

I think I'll just edit the UV's. I've seen my share of UV maps, so I'll know what's up.

Edit: BTW, I have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed (checked via the Add/Remove Programs).

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the plugin to open dds.

Here are my system specs, from dxdiag:
Time of this report: 8/22/2009, 14:28:28
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: GBT___
System Model: GBTUACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 523MB used, 3416MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

765Immortal

Senior Member

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
I thought and I thought and I thought.

And I thought that you don't like the fact that someone says something critical about this HappyNihil. Oh my gawd, I expressed my opinion and my own thoughts on the matter. I thought that's what these forums where for, to express our thought, opinions, feelings, problems, etc. etc. etc. about LoL.

I'm sorry I'm not here to give you a pat on the back. As stated before I FEEL like this is a Pandora's box that might or might not lead Riot to consider selling POWER. PERSONALLY as in ME, I'd like them to sell skins and other doo dads as opposed to POWER.

I guess I'm JERK because I have an opinion.

My dad used to tell me this Polish cliche of sorts, "give them a finger and they want the entire hand", well here is a free game and that doesn't seem like enough...
Must be pretty cold out there being alone, jerzy, because no one's got your back on your opinion.

People have been making custom skins for all games since there were tools and the knowledge to do so. No one cares. All it does is inspires and creates a more personally enjoyable environment for gamers to game.

You're the jerk because you refuse to accept the truth that the devs do not care.