(Tutorial) How to create your own skins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Ok, so check the opening post again, I updated it with an alternative program to use for the model viewing so that we donīt need to use lol2obj and UVMapper.

Elmentar

08-22-2009

Blarh, my DirectX is up-to date, and I tried installing .NET 3.5; it extracted then when I ran the set up it just said "set up error." I tried using the lol2obj.exe again, still nothing. But it's okay, it probably just is my OS. If it works for other people, awesome. Thanks for the guide anyway, it's simple and should help a lot of people.

765Immortal

08-22-2009

I was wondering if it was an OS issue. Otherwise, I have no idea how to open an .sco I mean, I have Maya 2009 Unlimited. But, the only scene files I know it can open are obj's, fbx's, and mb's.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 765Immortal View Post
I was wondering if it was an OS issue. Otherwise, I have no idea how to open an .sco I mean, I have Maya 2009 Unlimited. But, the only scene files I know it can open are obj's, fbx's, and mb's.
It might be an OS issues, since Im running XP SP3 and not Vista, but some users reported that it works for Vista and 7 as well.
I have no idea, but I think that .sco is a custom made file type, thatīs why we use the lol2obj to reverse it into readable format.
Try the LoL Viewer I added to the opening post.

Elmentar

08-22-2009

Just noting: The LoL Viewer you added closes immediately after I try opening it, haha. Probably just Vista-fail. And I tried editting a .dds texture then added it to the archive etc. Selected the champion with the different texture, made a practice game, and it crashed the game before loading completely. :P Has anyone else had that problem / tried using their own custom skin in game?

But yeah, if any one makes a red-colored Rammus skin that works in game, I'd love to have a copy of it.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmentar View Post
Just noting: The LoL Viewer you added closes immediately after I try opening it, haha. Probably just Vista-fail. And I tried editting a .dds texture then added it to the archive etc. Selected the champion with the different texture, made a practice game, and it crashed the game before loading completely. :P Has anyone else had that problem / tried using their own custom skin in game?

But yeah, if any one makes a red-colored Rammus skin that works in game, I'd love to have a copy of it.
1) The viewer crashes for me as well.
2) You change the texture and save it as a .dds file. Then you open the original zip file in WinRar (or whatever), navigate to the folder of the champion you edited and just paste the modified .dds texture. It will overwrite the original one and it should work now.
3) If it crashes the game, make sure that you didnt change the .dds settings. I updated the OP with settings screenshot now.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmentar View Post

here you go.. :d
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=6062

DeAdLiNe

08-22-2009

Umm aren't Riot suppose to be giving skins for champions to players who are paying to play?This way you're kinda ruining their business ?

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdLiNe View Post
Umm aren't Riot suppose to be giving skins for champions to players who are paying to play?This way you're kinda ruining their business ?
Read the OP, before commenting pls.

IS1b2fae32403405

08-22-2009

I get errors

Someone on irc said it was because it doesnt work with the newest .net