(Tutorial) How to create your own skins

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slck

08-21-2009

Hmmm, so I can make skins of each hero that has conspicuous and long lines extending from them as a sort of map hack? This way you see someone approaching you because you see their lines way before they come out of the fog of war?

Carim

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Hmmm, so I can make skins of each hero that has conspicuous and long lines extending from them as a sort of map hack? This way you see someone approaching you because you see their lines way before they come out of the fog of war?
No that's a change to models not skins. skin is look and look only not shape think of it as the paint job.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-21-2009

You are a god.

I need to try this.

765Immortal

08-21-2009

I'm getting an error with the lol2obj.exe upon dragging and dropping an sco file: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Eh?

I would love to skin my own guys and distribute them, if that is within good standing of Riot. I would just like for a way to get my models into obj. I'm going to a local univ. for animation major, anyways. Good practice

HappyNihil

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 765Immortal View Post
I'm getting an error with the lol2obj.exe upon dragging and dropping an sco file: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Eh?

I would love to skin my own guys and distribute them, if that is within good standing of Riot. I would just like for a way to get my models into obj. I'm going to a local univ. for animation major, anyways. Good practice
Are you sure youre drag and dropping the correct file?
also are you using the lol2obj and not the viewer, which is in the same thread?
this is the direct link: http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...3&d=1250490155
I just tried it again and it works for me.
Try it on the Jester character, it works 100% with him.

I dont even know if the program uses them, but make sure you have the latest DirectX and the latest .NET framework installed.

Elmentar

08-22-2009

I'm getting a similar error to 765immortal, when I try to drag the file onto the lol2obj.exe

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmentar View Post
I'm getting a similar error to 765immortal, when I try to drag the file onto the lol2obj.exe
Any more details?
Im still trying to recreate this problem, it works for me.

Elmentar

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil View Post
Any more details?
Im still trying to recreate this problem, it works for me.
This is the error message I receive, I tried it with the Jester.sco file, and with Rammus'

http://liquimatter.com/upload/22Aug20090130AMerror.jpg

Trying to run the lol2obj.exe file results in the same error message too.

Also noteable: GIMP can't open the .dds file. Unless there's some way of forcing it to open it.

765Immortal

08-22-2009

I downloaded the lol2obj.zip. It's on my desktop. I winrar unzipped it -- "Extract files here..." I get lol2obj.exe. I unzip the HeroPak_client.zip. I go into DATA\Characters\Annie. I select the Annie.sco. I drag Annie.sco unto lol2obj.exe, which has remained on my desktop. I get the said error.

Yes, I even tried it on Jester. It doesn't work.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmentar View Post
This is the error message I receive, I tried it with the Jester.sco file, and with Rammus'

http://liquimatter.com/upload/22Aug20090130AMerror.jpg

Trying to run the lol2obj.exe file results in the same error message too.

Also noteable: GIMP can't open the .dds file. Unless there's some way of forcing it to open it.
1) Im affraid that might be due to the operating system. Try installing newest DirectX (you need the one from march, even if it has the same number as the one you already have) and .NET framework 3.5.
2) Ok, the GIMP support is difficult to enable as I see. so use Paint.net, it can open and save .dds files natively. Updated OP.

12345612 ... 30