(Tutorial) How to create your own skins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
Please humor me, and show me where in the NDA that it states "Don't post links or Attachment files in the same post"
There seems to be some communication problem.
You cannot share any media with parties not in the beta, you just hosted such media on tinypic, =this is an NDA violation.
You need to host it here, upload it via forum, you cannot chose where to host the file.

MrBones

Recruiter

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil View Post
There seems to be some communication problem.
You cannot share any media with parties not in the beta, you just hosted such media on tinypic, =this is an NDA violation.
You need to host it here, upload it via forum, you cannot chose where to host the file.
It's not like I hosted the UV Map skin onto a third party website.
Images of the 3D model isn't going to be able to be stolen and used other then the image it's self.
And in which case the attachment images on here could be taken from this very website just as easily. :/
So I really just don't get the point here, why would it matter where it's being hosted it's an image of the model, not the model it's self.

Just because it's an image of something from LoL doesn't really stand grounds that it can't be on an imagehost so that it can be shared with people in the beta.
If I were to actually take the UV Map and put it on the imagehost then I guess that'd be grounds against the NDA.
But a screenshot of a model doesn't really provide anyone with anything from LoL other then a screenshot of a 3D model. :/

I'm not really seeing the point in moderating against an imagehost.
It's only an image, it's not physical material from the game that could be used by someone else.

I’ll just detele the links to tinypic and just upload the images. :/
If someones going to be pissy about it.

HappyNihil

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
It's not like I hosted the UV Map skin onto a third party website.
Images of the 3D model isn't going to be able to be stolen and used other then the image it's self.
And in which case the attachment images on here could be taken from this very website. :/
So I really just don't get the point here, why would it matter where it's being hosted it's an image of the model, not the model it's self.

Just because it's an image of something from LoL doesn't really stand grounds that it can't be on an imagehost so that it can be shared with people in the beta.
If I were to actually take the UV Map and put it on the imagehost then I guess that'd be grounds against the NDA.
But a screenshot of a model doesn't really provide anyone with anything from LoL other then a screenshot of a 3D model. :/

I'm not really seeing the point in moderating against an imagehost.
It's only an image, it's not physical material from the game that could be used by someone else.
Eh, why are you even arguing?
Iīm not a developer, itīs not my game, Iīm merely telling you that youīre breaking the NDA for your own sake, I donīt really care to debate the rules, Iīm merely telling you that you fail to understand them.

Itīs not about the skin being hosted somewhere else, you cannot even post a screenshot anywhere, you cannot post any media whatsoever. Anything you want to upload needs to be uploaded here. Period.

If you donīt belive me just ask any developer on IRC, thereīs a built in client in the pinned thread so you donīt even have to install anything.

MrBones

Recruiter

09-11-2009

I edited my post already.
So there is nothing to discuss any further.

" including but not limited to, the Game, the Beta Software, chat, email and message boards, postings from the private boards or forum for the Beta Test, screen captures, pictures, videos, podcasts, audio files, screenshots or any other representations, known or unknown, of any content in the Game or other Beta Materials."

Krom

09-23-2009

So, I'd rather not !@#$ up my client, but it seems like if I want to replace the .dds file with my custom one I have to extract the Heropak_client zip, except when I go to do that I get a some "XXX file already exists, do you want to replace it?".

Is it ok to go ahead and replace all the duplicate files? Or might that screw things up?

HappyNihil

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krom View Post
So, I'd rather not !@#$ up my client, but it seems like if I want to replace the .dds file with my custom one I have to extract the Heropak_client zip, except when I go to do that I get a some "XXX file already exists, do you want to replace it?".

Is it ok to go ahead and replace all the duplicate files? Or might that screw things up?
Best thing to do is to backup the whole League of Legends folder and then when something goes wrong you can just restore it at any time.

And yes, the idea is to replace the files.

Alternative way of doing this:
install 7zip (WinRar gives errors, unsure about WinZip)
right click Heropak
select 7zip=>open
and then just drag and drop the skin to its place in the new window without extracting anything

DarkeTiger

09-24-2009

WinRAR only says the rar is corrupt if you try and import new files a second time.

You can use a fresh copy of the original and import everything into that.

Also, the problem with uploading stuff to third party sites, is that Riot Games can't delete the content if they do not wish for it to be there.

Anony

11-21-2009

B-B_B__B_B_B_BBUMP!

Caps.

smithz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2009

My god I can smell the rotting flesh on this thread through my monitor. Bad necro!

Unfawkable

12-22-2009

This is awesome, now I can use those awesome other skins

I think Riot will forbid this though, they are loosing money on it :P