Fallen Angels Get Elf Ears??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
The long ears are the sign of someone thats somewhat ascended/changed by magic. Janna has them too if you look.
Now that raises a question from me though... what about Ryze? The line on his background calling him a creature of magic sounds like it falls under that criteria. Am I mistaken in that assumption? He's purple, though. So... are the long ears just one example of how you can be physically changed by magic, with Ryze's skin change being another?

Nevrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Ryze's skin change is all one big tattoo that he draws power from.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Now that raises a question from me though... what about Ryze? The line on his background calling him a creature of magic sounds like it falls under that criteria. Am I mistaken in that assumption? He's purple, though. So... are the long ears just one example of how you can be physically changed by magic, with Ryze's skin change being another?
His head grew bigger instead.

Talz

03-21-2011

I would say, in tristana's + all yordle's cases, it's just a racial thing, as well as warwick's (his was a divine curse, not a magical one). Evelynn... I'm not sure...we don't know enough of her lore. Soraka is definitely an ascended being.

Vuther

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevrus View Post
Ryze's skin change is all one big tattoo that he draws power from.
A possibility... I just assumed the pink tattoos seen clearly on him were the tattoos that are mentioned. It's not completely specific in the writings so far, so that's a possible explanation for his purpleness if he wasn't changed by magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
His head grew bigger instead.
Mebbe it's both!

The Burning Waffle

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
Eve has them too.. so does Trist. Soraka has them aswell, but I suppose that's understandable.

Zilean and Warwick have them.. in fact I'd say about 15% of the champs have them. 'Tis a lot of magic.
Zilean is understandable on the magic principle. Warwick gets his from the fact that he's a Werewolf...not magic

TheMagister

03-21-2011

Looking over the champions a lot of the really magical ones does have much in the way of ears to begin with, so it's hard to tell who has them and who doesn't. >.<

Gragas doesn't have them (oddly enough) while Annie looks like she's developing a set.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

03-22-2011

Different people are changed in different ways by magic, so its not always the ears.

LordBlackstar

03-22-2011

So tempted to make a really suggestive comment about how it makes things bigger...

TheMagister

03-22-2011

So basically extencive use of magic can result in your body mutating?

...huh.