how to get 2k elo

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Young and Based

Member

05-27-2012

I've been playing league for a year and half now . i know all the basics i know how to last hit i know counters i know how to build to counter enemy team comp i have map awareness I always keep an eye for objectives like buffs/ baron/dragon/towrs i win my lane most of the time time but yet i can't even seem to get past 1300 elo i don't know what i am doing wrong i have over 500 ranked matches on my main and im only 1250 elo , so ive made this smurf to get a fresh new start on solo que, i would love some tips /lessons on how to take my gameplay to the next level, one of my biggest issues is that i get really angry at bad team mates and i start to rage. i also try to play ( op) champs like jax /riven/ and i do great with them in my lane but i still find myself losing most games


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelySarahh View Post
I've been playing league for a year and half now . i know all the basics i know how to last hit i know counters i know how to build to counter enemy team comp i have map awareness I always keep an eye for objectives like buffs/ baron/dragon/towrs i win my lane most of the time time but yet i can't even seem to get past 1300 elo i don't know what i am doing wrong i have over 500 ranked matches on my main and im only 1250 elo , so ive made this smurf to get a fresh new start on solo que, i would love some tips /lessons on how to take my gameplay to the next level, one of my biggest issues is that i get really angry at bad team mates and i start to rage. i also try to play ( op) champs like jax /riven/ and i do great with them in my lane but i still find myself losing most games
My fd list is full, but you can always throw me a random invite

i will look at your ranged AD and support you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodySpearz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-27-2012

Don't play OP champions, play champions you're good with. Anivia, Karthus, and Cassiopia are all extremely but does that mean I'm good with them? Not at all. Find people who you're good with, and practice them relentlessly. Play 30 consecutive games with x champion and you may get bored, but tehy will be second nature to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eV Kamite

Member

05-27-2012

What Bloody said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerkze

Member

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelySarahh View Post
I've been playing league for a year and half now . i know all the basics i know how to last hit i know counters i know how to build to counter enemy team comp i have map awareness I always keep an eye for objectives like buffs/ baron/dragon/towrs i win my lane most of the time time but yet i can't even seem to get past 1300 elo i don't know what i am doing wrong i have over 500 ranked matches on my main and im only 1250 elo , so ive made this smurf to get a fresh new start on solo que, i would love some tips /lessons on how to take my gameplay to the next level, one of my biggest issues is that i get really angry at bad team mates and i start to rage. i also try to play ( op) champs like jax /riven/ and i do great with them in my lane but i still find myself losing most games
practice.

Be positive in matches. Unconstructive complaints or whining will not help you win games.

Never surrender. Ever. There's simply no reason to in ranked. There's always a chance something can turn around.

Get good with enough champions to do most of the roles. People may say , get good with one champion, but often times in lower ELO, people want to all be one role (mid or top, usually). If you have the ability to adapt to a decent amount of roles, you can fill in the gap that someone else is unwilling to fill.

I can play everything except AD Range exceptionally, so I tell my team that in champion select, and often let them choose. if they are quiet, i will suggest myself a champion, but communication is key.

You will lose games. Do not blame teammates excessively. There were mistakes you made too.

Wards.

The skill-level required to hit 2k ELO is always fluctuating. For example, 2K ELO in season 1 may be represented by the skill level of 1800 ELO players in Season 2. It just depends what everyone's skill level is that's playing ranked games.

Remember, it's a game. Not everyone is cut out for competitive gaming. I've been gaming for years, so I find the challenge fun, but I never beat myself up for it. I suggest you try to adapt the same mindset.

.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midillusion

Senior Member

05-27-2012

If you are at the same ELO after 500 matches, then you are where you should be, and making a new account is not going to magically improve your ELO. That said, from looking at your match history, it looks like you are trying to play a bit too aggressively. Yes, you are picking up kills and assists, but you are nearly always dieing in the process. There are times when it is worth it to die getting a kill, but other times it is not.

The laning phase is only half (if that) of the match. I have seen plenty of players who do amazingly well in the laning phase, but cannot teamfight for ****, or get overconfident and feed later on. Winning your lane doesn't guarantee a win, and it's generally the team who teamfights better who wins the match.

One of the other things I am noticing from your match history is a lack of defensive items. Even if you are not playing a tanky bruiser, you still want a bit of defense to not get 1-shotted. Glass Cannon builds only work in the lower ELO brackets where players cannot focus, but once you get to 1400 ELO, these builds don't work.

For example, in your Ashe game, you were facing a Warwick, Shen and Annie and you never got a QSS or even a negatron cloak. What happened in your graves game when you went 1/7? Leona/Graves can easily beat Corki/Alistar early on, unless you got camped by their jungler. You even had the summoner advantage in the game as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

Senior Member

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerkze View Post

Remember, it's a game. Not everyone is cut out for competitive gaming. I've been gaming for years, so I find the challenge fun, but I never beat myself up for it. I suggest you try to adapt the same mindset.
Firstly, I agree with everything Zerkze said.. I am not a great LoL player myself, but like him, I have been gaming competitively for years. Was semi-pro in counter-strike (won lan tournaments.), and played AOE3, WoW Arena, and many other games at a very competitive level (above 2000 elo).

And I have this to say; Be realistic about your goals.

If you have nothing to do but play League competitively and you have 4 like-minded friends with an equal amount of free time, then the odds are good that you could be a top-rated player and win tournaments.

If you have a full time job, wife, kids, and other responsibilities, then the odds are you cannot be a competitive gamer. Not to say you can't be "Good".. But being a top player on a top team requires a LOT of time and practice. If you can't put in 40+ hours a week of League, then you should expect yourself to fall somewhere between 1500-1800 if you're GOOD. Less if you're simply mediocre.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wenger

Junior Member

05-28-2012

watch high elo player's streams and learn how they are doing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midillusion

Senior Member

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Firstly, I agree with everything Zerkze said.. I am not a great LoL player myself, but like him, I have been gaming competitively for years. Was semi-pro in counter-strike (won lan tournaments.), and played AOE3, WoW Arena, and many other games at a very competitive level (above 2000 elo).

And I have this to say; Be realistic about your goals.

If you have nothing to do but play League competitively and you have 4 like-minded friends with an equal amount of free time, then the odds are good that you could be a top-rated player and win tournaments.

If you have a full time job, wife, kids, and other responsibilities, then the odds are you cannot be a competitive gamer. Not to say you can't be "Good".. But being a top player on a top team requires a LOT of time and practice. If you can't put in 40+ hours a week of League, then you should expect yourself to fall somewhere between 1500-1800 if you're GOOD. Less if you're simply mediocre.
Very true. Competitive gaming is a full time profession. You want to know why the SC2 Korean gamers are the best? Because they treat it like a full time job, like being a pro footballer. (hell, on their ID cards, their given occupation is "Professional Gamer"). All they do is practice their chosen game, and have a very strict regime that they follow with immense discipline. Just to give you an idea of what they do, below is the schedule for your average Korean pro gamer:

Wake up
Breakfast
Play 4 hours of SC2
Lunch
Play 4 hours of SC2
Dinner
Play 4 hours of SC2
Bed

Unless you can put in this amount of time, you will never get to 2k ELO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

Senior Member

05-28-2012

Getting to 2k elo requires more time than is worth it (at least for me).

Competetive gaming is a professional occupation for the unemployed. Elo isn't some static number you're comparing yourself to- it's a rating you get for beating people. And the people at 2k elo play this game a lot. And I mean A LOT. Beating them requires you to spend every bit as much time as they do on this game.

Get a girlfriend, or a dog, or a girlfriend who has a dog, and go enjoy the summer weather (pro tip- having a dog will help you get a girlfriend- playing LoL probably won't). Much more rewarding in the long run. Play LoL for fun, and don't stress about ranked play.


12