[Fix] Nocturne FPS issue

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t4nt0s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Riot, if you care about LoL performance, read this thread.

Hello guys! Today I found own way, how to fix nocturne 'passive' fps drop (while nocturne is on a screen). First of all, forgive me for my english, becouse it's not my native langague.

Fix:
1. Make backup of HeroPak_client.zip (located in League of Legends/game folder).
2. You need Total Commander or similar software to edit *.zip file. (note: Winrar doesn't work correctly with that kind of edit, I preffer Total Commander.)
3. Run Total Commander, find HeroPak_client.zip. Open it by double click.
4. Go to DATA\Particles folder in HeroPak_client.zip file.
5. Find Nocturne_Fluid.troybin file, click once on it (LBM).
6. Select/Mark it by pressing Space or RBM.
7. Press F8 to delete particle.
8. Done.

Note: You have to restore HeroPak_client.zip before every patch. If you don't do that, your patcher will experience an error.

Now run custom game and check if it helped. Comments please.

Thumbs up if it helped.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit

@Riot: These particles droping fps (frame lag):

Code:
akali_smoke_bomb_tar_team_green.troybin
akali_smoke_bomb_tar_team_red.troybin
blindMonk_E_mis_01.troybin
blindMonk_E_tempestFist_cripple.troybin
blindMonk_E_tempestFist_cripple_02.troybin
blindMonk_Q_resonatingStrike_02.troybin
blindMonk_Q_tar_indicator.troybin
blindMonk_W_cas_01.troybin
corki_fire_buf.troybin
corki_valkrie_speed.troybin
corki_valkrie_impact_cas.troybin
Defile_cas.troybin
Defile_glow.troybin
Defile_green_cas.troybin 
Defile_red_cas.troybin
Leblanc_displacement_blink_indicator.troybin
Leblanc_displacement_blink_indicator_ult.troybin
maoki_sapling_detonate.troybin
maoki_torrent_01_teamID_green.troybin
maoki_torrent_01_teamID_red.troybin
maoki_torrent_deflect_self_cas.troybin
maoki_torrent_unit_tar.troybin
maoki_trunkSmash_unit_tar_02.troybin
maoki_trunkSmash_cas.troybin
Noctune_Fluid.troybin
Pulverize_cas.troybin
Pulverize_cas3.troybin
Radiance_cas2.troybin
Radiance_glow.troybin
Radiance_green_cas.troybin
Radiance_red_cas.troybin
SonaAriaofPer_aura.troybin
SonaHymnofValor_aura.troybin
SonaSongofDiscord_aura.troybin
TrundleDesecrate_green.troybin
TrundleDesecrate_red.troybin
VladSanguinePool_buf.troybin
VladSanguinePool_buf_bloodless.troybin	
wolfman_bloodscent_activate_blood_buff.troybin
wolfman_bloodscent_activate_blood_buff_02.troybin
wolfman_bloodscent_activate_speed.troybin
List will be not updated anymore.

SloppySevenths

03-20-2011

confirmed! omfg i love you! i knew it had to do with particle effects but i didnt kno how to edit them! thank you!!!

t4nt0s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

I'm glad I could help you. I have much more particles (not nocturne) which lower fps, but since Riot ignored my last bug report (November, not fixed till now), I won't release them, untill someone from Riot request them in that thread. I know Riot don't care much about low-computer's performance, but I'll wait patiently.

Mango Fandango

Master Recruiter

03-20-2011

Could you maybe post them for us? My computer doesn't handle this game all that amazingly, and anything I can do to increase performance would be nice.

Sadez33

03-20-2011

YES if u post them i will send u gifts evry day in farmville (if u have).....................PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ

t4nt0s

03-20-2011

Soon. There's still one condition.

t4nt0s

03-20-2011

Bump.

Mango Fandango

Master Recruiter

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4nt0s View Post
Soon. There's still one condition.
Whats the condition? :S

CuddleBunni

03-20-2011

To be honest, new computer parts that can support this game are running awfully cheap these days. If anyone is having trouble running this game due to their own computer maybe they should save up a little money to upgrade? Subscribe to a newsletter for a computer sales website like Newegg or Tiger Direct to find the deals. The dual core Athlon processors tend to run in the $40-50 range when they're on sale. 2-4 gigs of G.Skill RAM are also not so expensive. Some banks and credit cards will even give you up to 10% back when you shop at the more popular websites.

If you don't want to spend any money on computer parts, then I would suggest making sure you are using Windows XP. Vista is trash, and 7 is great, but both have intensive RAM requirements that will only slow down your games if you don't have at least 2GB. There are a number of programs you can run to shutdown things you don't need during gameplay such as AMD Overdrive.

There are a number of particles in the game that can be moved out temporarily like Nocturne, feel free to grab some via the same instructions above, but I would advise against taking out too many because they may inhibit your ability to play the game. Most of the graphics safe to remove are those that are attached to models and have little to no impact on gameplay whether you see them or not. I suggest trying a custom game with/against the champion you remove graphics for before joining a ranked game because removing things MAY have other effects on the game depending on how good RIOT's error handling is.

Bladee

03-20-2011

Thx for this dude, itīs totally working

12345 ... 9