Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

5v5 solo is ruined

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldwynn

03-19-2011

half the games are 4v5's on one side or another. The other half have bad team make ups, or are just frustrating as hell.

It's amazing that this game is this old, and Riot still has NO SOLUTION to people leaving the game. Give the remaining players extra gold and XP. Give them extra item slots. Give them SOMETHING for crying out loud. You already have an AI system, why not let it kick in for the afk player?

Why does Riot continuously let the game be ruined by leavers?

Moomoomania

03-19-2011

There is a solution. Votekick.
I can see that if that person gets vote kicked, he will get a punished leave but lets say, you get someone in, does that individual gets to choose a new character? Does he start back at level one? Does he get the same character as the person who got vote kicked? It's either a hit or win solution. I also propose that everyone that means 4/5 people accept the votekick in a 5v5 or 2/3 in a 3v3

You can always get a grouped team. If you get a couple of fairly decent chaps like two or three, get ventrilo or teamspeak then it's fun.

noskill5

03-19-2011

I haven't had a single leaver in the past ~10 ranked games. I can't speak for before that, since I've only just come back from a half year break from the game.

Eldwynn

03-19-2011

I just don't see a way to make it work. Who is gonna want to come into a game already behind? I like the idea of allowing a friend to come in and play, but theres no way to make it fair. Giving the 4 people an advantage seems like a better idea. although even THATs not exactly fair.

The best solution would be some sort of just defensive bot, that takes over while the guy is afk or whatever. Sort of like in Left for dead or something.

Amatzikahni

03-20-2011

Bots are static and players are dynamic; the solution cannot be to replace the person with a bot. The two past suggestions I've liked the most include teamwide buffs that slightly increase all stats by a small percentage and extra gold/second generation to the team with fewer players. The idea of being able to vote someone from off your team isn't supported by Riot (although I have played many team games where the voting system worked successfully), but something similar is included in post-game statistics: player feedback. The only change I wish to see right now is a positive feedback selection because some games I have great team members yet I can't tell Riot how awesome they were (skill, teamplay, etc.).

TheMightySweep

03-21-2011

Matching up system is HORRIBLE.... grats riot.... grats.....

RedZeffer

03-21-2011

I am really frustrated with this as well out of the last 4 ranked solo queue games I have played I had two of them with leavers. I think that a good solution to this would be to make a leaver buff. Just make the remaining 4 players equal to 1 1/4 players. They would be favored in 1 v 1 situations but the team fights would be equal and the game is usually at that stage when someone leaves. Its just so unfair to have a 4 v 4 team fight with one guy backdooring you. Or have a 3 v 4 team fight with one person stopping a back door push. Just give the players a little more armor, magic resist, attack damage, ability power, movement speed and maybe some extra regen. Of course if the leaver decided to come back have the buff leave. I don't know I personally think that this would be a good fix, but its my idea so I am most likely blind to it's flaws.

HAISAI HIBIKIN

03-21-2011

Quote:
Moomoomania:
There is a solution. Votekick.

Stopped reading there.
I don't want to get kicked because I've been killed in first blood. It's going to be dota all over again.

Moomoomania

03-21-2011

Quote:
Mysterypea:
Stopped reading there.
I don't want to get kicked because I've been killed in first blood. It's going to be dota all over again.

You mean all of your teamates agree'd to kick you out? That'll probably be like 1 in 500 matches.

How about in 10-15 mins votekick is enabled?
Did you know you can be reported for being bad? lol.

VincentKrys

03-21-2011

Meh, it'll all work out in the end