[Guide] Nidalee AD and AP. The Art of Being a Hybrid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFKray

02-11-2010

Nidalee- The Beastial Huntress

Intro:
I had a huge version of this written up but then it got erased before I could finish it. So, this is round 2. Thank you Riot for a wonderful Champion. I used to be an Anivia fan but now she has been put down by Nidalee who has captivated my skill-interest. I personally think she takes a lot more finese to work with being that she has seven skills and all that jazz. Anyway, I am not going to introduce the skills because you can read them anywhere. I will just go and talk about a skill order, then a build order. Frankly that is what most people care about so I will place that first. If I get some good feedback I will probably add a strategy section as well.

Skill Order:

- The order I usually go follows this route.
- Level 1: Bushwack/Pounce (W) - One-point-wonder. Scouts,Pounces, what's not to love?
- Level 2: Javelin/Takedown(Q) - Normally I am not getting harassed so I can avoid taking the heal early.
- Level 3: Javelin/Takedown(Q) or Primal Surge/Swipel(E) - If the heat kicks up against say a Card-Happy TF grab a heal and outlast his mana pool. If not, grab another point in Javelin. Note: THIS is when you actually start THROWING them. A level 1 Javelin isn't much, but the different between that and Level 2 is noticeable.
- Level 4: Javelin/Takedown(Q) or Primal Surge/Swipe(E) - Whatever you didn't take at Level 3
- Level 5: Javelin/Takedown(Q) - This is when you can lay down the heat. You want to get your opponents low for your impending level 6 burst.
- Level 6: Aspect of the Cougar(R) - Complete your skillset.
- The Rest: The rest is basically maxing Javelin/Takedown(Q) then your Heal(E) and Aspect of the Cougar(R) whenever you can.

Item Build

- Saph + 1HP + 1ManaPot : The mana potion is because of Javelin spam and that 100 mana is two heals. Which heals for more than a healing potion at Rank 2 Heal.
- Complete Sheen + Boots
- Build for a Spirit Visage + Vamp Scepter. I Usually get the MR then Vamp then finish the rest in the next comeback.
Notes on Spirit Visage: This item got secretly buffed in the patch. It increases healing by 30%. It was used to counteract an executioners, but it makes your heal very effective even without AP. This allows me to focus more on damage items without the need for a large AP storage.
- Brutalizer: Armor Pen + CDR + Damage is great and helps gives you that edge with your big Sheen hits. Now you will have 22% CDR from items alone. Add in Runes and the 3% from the Offensive Mastery Tree and you will get around 30% Reduced cooldowns, which is one of the most valuable stats for Nidalee.
- Guinsoo's Rageblade: This item was and now is really fantastic. Pounce keeps this badboy charged at all times granting you 93 AP, 32% IAS, and 35 AD. Now you are an offensive threat in a Human form with good Armor Pen but also that extra AP goes a LONG way on your Javelin which boosts the bonus damage multiplicatively. Not to mention, your Cougar stances hurt more, takedown gets off quicker since it is based off of an auto attack, and your heal heals for ton more.
- Two Options: 1) Phage--> Trinity Force. If you need the HP and Movespeed go this route. 2) If you are confident in your survival, finish your Bloodthirster then get your Trinity.

In the end it should look like this:
- Sheen (Trinity)
- Boots of Your Choice (I prefer Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads vs Heavy CC teams)
- Soul Shroud
- Brutalizer
- Vamp Scepter (Bloodthirster)
- Guinsoo's Rageblade

This looks like one of those end game only builds, but if you look closely, a lot of these items are cheap. Cheap means they CAN be upgraded later game IF NEED BE. However, this is a practical build for your average game.

Masteries/Runes:

I run a 21/9/0 route. I get Nimbleness with a mix of 2/3 in the Armor and MR masteries. In the Offensive, I get the CDR + Magic pen and Armor Pen as well as 3/3 Crit and AP/Level. The rest is just the Crit Damage % and the 21-pointer and 3 AD.

As far as runes go I run:
- Marks: Armor Pen
- Seals: Dodge
- Glyphs: Flat CDR. (If you are cheaper you can also go with the CDR/Level. If your games tend to last post level 13 more, then go with those)
- Quints: HP. Armor Pen could work here as well. I am also trying to buy some movespeed ones and see how that works, but no word on it yet.

Summoner Spells:

Flash/Clairity: Flash is a no-brainer. Clarity is my crack. I love it. Mana on Nidalee is what makes her dangerous and literally having an EXTRA bar of mana is amazing. This allows her to stay in her lane early, get that level 6 faster to allow her farming to begin. Not to mention it is a huge help in team fights and to other casters. Being a former Anivia player I will say this skill is much appreciated. This also allows you to be a fantastic lane partner as well as a solo laner.

Ghost: This can also be included instead of Clarity. To each his/her own. You don't get it upgraded though, but I guess you could if you went into the 9 points of Utility.

Final Notes:

Don't knock this build until you try it. It is a hybrid build so you need to play like it. I come from the top echelons of the ELO ladders and have played the best out there. I will say that I have had great success with this but DO NOT SAY THIS IS THE BEST BUILD. It is simply what I have found extremely effective and wanted to share with others.

Giandris

02-11-2010

nice build

I've gone mostly typical build of

mana stone => sheen => boots of choice => trinity => Bloodthirster

I really like it and will try it out tonight.

Skorpius

02-11-2010

Just a question, Im pretty certain Spirit Visage got the +30% healing and regen buff, did Soul Shroud get it as well?

AFKray

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpius View Post
Just a question, Im pretty certain Spirit Visage got the +30% healing and regen buff, did Soul Shroud get it as well?
yeah that was a typo, you're right.

Alcemon

02-21-2010

Thanks for the guide. Question from me too.

Does the Cooldown Reduction from the Visage and the Brutalizer really stack?
They state "UNIQUE Passive" very clearly on their tooltip

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-22-2010

Good guide afkush.

Despite being a hybrid, I suggest that you go for a mejai's. And if you get a decently fed mejai, it actually makes more sense to continue to lichbane rather than tri force. In which case you aren't really that hybrid anymore.