Project Shiny

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

olympian22

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
This is the reason Riot usually just reply with Soon instead of specific times, because people will complain about how long those times are.

What people need to understand is that Riot release alot of content frequently and little to none of that content is buggy or broken. I would rather content be release as reliable content and not full of bugs in which more time would need to be spent fixing those bugs and the community spamming twice as hard that the new contact is broken.

Good up the good work mates
Granted the release alot of content regularly, but its usually all the same kinda of content. Honestly, I would be okey with not having a new champ for a couple of weeks if it means that we get other updates sooner.

Topbobdog

03-18-2011

Quote:
This is the reason Riot usually just reply with Soon instead of specific times, because people will complain about how long those times are.

What people need to understand is that Riot release alot of content frequently and little to none of that content is buggy or broken. I would rather content be release as reliable content and not full of bugs in which more time would need to be spent fixing those bugs and the community spamming twice as hard that the new contact is broken.

Have you not seen how buggy or broken Nocturne is i mean come on Trundle gets healed by is dust move that should never be that was fixed back with Singed and his cloud why are we going back to old problems?

Dawgenstien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryden7 View Post
You're going to give us a glimpse in the next month or two?
exactly what i was thinking, for some reason i was under the impression from the early screenshots of project shiny that it was going to be done relatively soon, and perhaps even be complete in the next month or two, not just far enough along to provide a glimpse...
>.<
Quote:
but why say soon, when it's actually very far off, I think i'd prefer if riot just said, "magma chamber won't be ready for at least another year" than if they say "magma chamber will be ready soon". Now i find myself hoping for features with every new patch because riot said they're going to release it soon. From my understanding "soon" is just another way to say "in the near future", and riot is using it as another word for "eventually".
Not that I'm disappointed with the speed riot is working, I guess just don't like when people get my hopes up over nothing.

Majiger

03-18-2011

Quote:

Wait...did you just the new content is NOT full of bugs?

May I point to all the champs that are still bugged, maybe I point to all the bugs each patch BRINGS (mastery bug still there :|) honestly it's stupid!

Aeoneth

03-18-2011

soo basically Riot follows the Valve time concept?.... Actually alot of companies do this

mrvertigo27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Quote:

as soon as i read this i knew we would have people bringing up the nocturne interaction issues. which is a two sided coin. this game is on a rolling release cycle. it will only be a finished product when riot gives up the ghost. think of it as a perpetual release candidate. *I* for one kind of like learning and re learning stuff from time to time. it keeps the game fresh and not stagnant.

Scorpion72

Recruiter

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
We've actually made some crazy advancements with this since the last time we released screenshots. We're probably going to be releasing some new assets to give you a glimpse of where it's at in the next month or two.

pyrokinetiq

03-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
We've actually made some crazy advancements with this since the last time we released screenshots. We're probably going to be releasing some new assets to give you a glimpse of where it's at in the next month or two.
Summoners,

This marks the beginning of a new era. An era where Riot give realistic time estimates, instead of saying 2 years work will be done next week, or more commonly Soon

AuV2 AaronKiwi

03-19-2011

what is project shiny ?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-19-2011

Quote:
I would normally be fine with this.

The problem is we've already passed the 1 year anniversary of the announcement, and all we have is a very small collection of screenshots and a minimap.

The announcement was made very prematurely. There can be no argument of this fact, seeing as the amount of backlash it has already caused, and guesstimating how much it has yet to cause (but undoubtedly will).