Investing in Health Regen Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comrade Domi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-18-2011

Is it really worth it?

To buy a full set which that i would like includes Flat Regen Quints and Glyphs with Regen per level seals. It totals to 17220 IP. But at level 6 on Kat it would give 5 health per second giving great staying power in lanes on any character.

Should i pick the set up or just keep the Flat health Quints i already have and spend it elsewhere ?

P.S. im only at 5000 IP so its gonna take a long time XD

Pibbish

03-19-2011

Mana Regen/5 is alot cheaper, and imo more effective than HP Regen/5.

A full set of HP Regen runes give 15/5 regen.

A full set of Mana Regen runes gives 10/5 regen.

While the HP regen gives more overall, it's double the cost. Not worth it compared to other runes of it's cost.

axesandspears

03-20-2011

Flat health regen runes would give you 15/5 regen, but the scaling ones even out so fast there's no reason to take flat. Scaling seals and quintessances provide about 33/5 regen at level 18-more than omen, near Shurelya's Revelry, and only slightly lower than the 2 best regen items (Warmog's, and Force of nature). Never take health regen glyphs because they barely provide any bonus.

Coolcatchris06

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibbish View Post
Mana Regen/5 is alot cheaper, and imo more effective than HP Regen/5.

A full set of HP Regen runes give 15/5 regen.

A full set of Mana Regen runes gives 10/5 regen.

While the HP regen gives more overall, it's double the cost. Not worth it compared to other runes of it's cost.
Wouldn't be worth it if you character(s) don't have mana, all champions have health, so you could use it for anyone while mana isnt used by everyone

KaXaSA

03-20-2011

morde + hp reg = great early game.

Hotdogs

03-21-2011

i got the quints

Amatzikahni

03-21-2011

The problem with HP/5 runes is their limited use. They're only effective when recovering from a teamfight or in early laning to buffer incorrect harassment technique; neither help when actually engaging an enemy. There are more useful runes for 1v1's and teamfights alike, and if your laning is poor on a certain champion, learning the champion would be a better alternative than a full set of HP/5 runes. If you're really concerned about staying power, Rejuv Bead + 6 Health Pots works nicely to keep you in lane for a long time which allows you extra farm for a more expensive first item (NLR, BF Sword). I'd recommend Catalyst over NLR, though, but and early BF on a carry works nicely.

If you're crazy about HP/5 though, Seals are the only place they should be (possibly Quints, too). Marks and Glyphs have much better alternatives.

besmurchfreely

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Domi View Post
Is it really worth it?

To buy a full set which that i would like includes Flat Regen Quints and Glyphs with Regen per level seals. It totals to 17220 IP. But at level 6 on Kat it would give 5 health per second giving great staying power in lanes on any character.

Should i pick the set up or just keep the Flat health Quints i already have and spend it elsewhere ?

P.S. im only at 5000 IP so its gonna take a long time XD
Health regen runes have an extremely high IP cost for the gold value of the stats they give. This is probably because hp regen is very strong during early laning phase. You probably should not consider them, unless for some reason you cannot fit some kind of regen into your item build. Late game spellvamp/lifesteal will massively outscale regen in most scenarios.

If you are a new player, I would be very cautious about spending a lot of IP on these runes, as your rate of IP gain actually decreases as you reach higher levels, and you may find yourself starved for IP later on.