******How to counter Nocturne******

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Moxxi

03-18-2011

Notice: This thread is just the analyzed knowledge from my own experiences in both

playing and against Nocturne.

1. Counter jungle Nocturne. Nocturne is extremely easy to gank at the first golem

buff. From my experience most Nocturne would be 10% or even less by the time they

finish the big golem. Any kind of early game nuke or even auto attack+ ignite would easily

get you first blood. While this won't hurt him as hard as a ganked jungling shaco, by

ganking him you are profiting yourself.

2. Don't be afraid of his early game ganking. Mainly because if you are

somewhere around 70% health or above, if he misses his Q then this gank is pretty much

screwed.

That being said, do not stand anywhere near the bush on the river side. Make sure his

Q won't reach your ass from the bushes. Do not overextending too much.
I say that

because I know it is impossible to not overextending at all, but you just simply don't want

to overextend in some specific time period against this kind of efficient ganker (eg. Shaco

after finish lizard would gank mid if you overextend too much, and that's like 3min30sec

from the start.) Aside that, His Q's early game damage is insane but as long as you got

your summoner spell, He won't be able to aim his Q.

Otherwise, if you got hit by Q in the first place, with the movement buff you had little

chance to escape from his E.

Practically, in that situation, without his ultimate Nocturne's best choice is to get close to

you, E, then Q. Then you start to wondering, is this guy really better than olaf in jungling-

ganking role?

Notice Nocturne is a nearly perfect punisher, by that I mean he could easily make the

small mistakes you've made into a rather large problem to you. Like if you got harassed to

under 50%/ overextend to much. Then he WILL be at your lane and try to kill you, in fact,

most jungler WILL do this because this is what they should do. What makes Nocturne a

nearly perfect punisher is that the process to get the kill is somewhat easier than most of

the junglers.

3. His Ultimate DOES have a counter way. The bushes. Whenever you are

under his ultimate, try your best to reach the nearest bush, he won't be able to dash you if

he can't see you. His ultimate does not provide visions. None of his spells provide

it, so feel free to play with bushes when you are trying to escape from him.

OR even easier, stick with your teammates when it comes to mid game, do never let

him see you apart from your team, you then can ask him: Ult me pl0x?

That's all I can think of right now, I'll try to figure out more of these and update'em here.

Crazy Moxxi

03-18-2011

bump

Midreian

03-18-2011

I've seen a lot of counter jungling against Nocturne, and when I play him, I got a different route and don't even do blue buff first. It's so much easier to not get ganked if you play smart.

His early game ganking, kind of relies on red buff. If he doesn't have it and doesn't get his Q off, then yeah, its kind of over at that point on the gank.

Bushes are wonderful. It has saved me several times from his ult.

Golden Chocobo

03-18-2011

1. The Golem route is pretty ****. Many people are going to take the safer route that stonewall has posted when they realize it's too risky.

2. Good points but the same could be applied to any jungler in the game.

3. Shouldn't he have his cursor over your character before he uses his ultimate anyways? Unless I'm wrong and he loses target when you run into the bush.

Liquidone

03-18-2011

Good Nocturne's don't start at Golem.

Volverbot

03-18-2011

Mostly Common sense.

But this is the internet.. Not many people have that.

+1

KrystelCandy

03-18-2011

Stonewall's jungling is horrible, I get all jungle mobs + blue buff without ever dropping below 80% hp on my first run, then kill red on the second, easy peezy.

Diego Forlán

03-18-2011

If a Nocturne is on the other team, don't try to fight in the jungle. There are too many walls and bushes to allow your team to know what is going on and to use abilities effectively.

Crazy Moxxi

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidone View Post
Good Nocturne's don't start at Golem.
Even if he got ganked at golem, it won't hurt him too much, since he's not a mana dependent jungler. I put that there to serve as a dessert.

A Retarded Clown

03-18-2011

yeah bush rapes his ult.

And so do any tanky dps.

Or proper squishies who actually HIT HARD when they build straight DAMAGE ... (OMG I KNW RITE..needs NERFED RIGHT).

Noct is fine...squishy melee dps, he better be hitting hard or hes total fail. ANd yi still hits harder than him.