Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is veigar OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jr Troopa

03-18-2011

Quote:
ThatsGay:
My name is Ezreal. I went AP, despite the fact that it's bad and that there was a Veigar on the other team.

I built around 900 AP late game, and I wrecked their whole team. Until he came along. I got owned.

NERF PLZ.

It's because you went AP. Veigar's ulti at rank 3 deals 500 + (1.2*his AP)+(0.8*your AP).

aRchiBole

03-18-2011

Its the new funky little dance!

Šuperman

04-06-2011

I was scared of being Le Blanc in a game vs Veigar mid but found out there was nothing to be scared of. Since instead of building pure AP, I went for Magic Pen. like Abyssal Scepter which also gave me Magic Res. I didn't have that much AP in the game but I owned Veigar bad.

Luthien Kess

04-06-2011

Play ryze, laugh at him.

Chingmeister

04-07-2011

Veigar combo's amazingly well with other burst champions. Veigar/Malz for example, can stun someone with event horizon and then suppress them after stun to keep them in place for the full duration of nukes/spells, and will typically drop almost anyone.

You don't see much of veigar nowdays since he doesn't combo as well with tanky dps with no burst.

ArgothBlackblade

04-07-2011

He is deff op, my friend has over 1000 AP late game, and the longer it goes on the scarier he gets, at least for me because i play ap champions but yes if you play AD he is not op, but just run if you see him coming as a ap champion RUN, RUN really fast

Gank him and hes dead, if you have a tf and your team can get to him fast you ult in and gold card then q and attack as fast as posible and he will die

lammatt

04-07-2011

You don't see many squishy AP in normal solo queue nowadays...Veigar's glorious days have gone....
What's worse, we now have a lot of tanky melee AD with a gap closer, which counters a glass cannon veigar really hard. (Non glass cannon veigar is worse than an AP Ashe)

tumultuoustempus

04-07-2011

Quote:
Jr Troopa:
It's because you went AP. Veigar's ulti at rank 3 deals 500 + (1.2*his AP)+(0.8*your AP).

Wow! Major comprehension of joke fail!

Kilrathi

04-07-2011

As a total noob, can I just ask: what's the standard Veigar combo everyone talks about? Just a stun with Event Horizon and follow up with his other spells in quick succession? Can anyone recommend a good Veigar build for a new player - just pile on the AP items?

tumultuoustempus

04-07-2011

The "combo" is just as you thought, more or less:

1. Tag them with the edge of your E to stun.
2. Immediately after, drop your W on their head (just slightly behind is good in case the stun wears off and they try to run).
3. Throw your Q.
4. End with R.
5. Repeat Q if necessary/possible.

Alternatively, if you're really quick, you can drop W first and then tag them with the stun. If successful, this will give you a little extra time and will ensure that the W hits even if they have Mercury Treads. It's much harder to pull off, though.

You can certainly just stack AP on Veigar, but you might find yourself getting focused down and cc'd to death before you can really do anything. This won't be as common at lower summoner levels, but higher up, teams will recognize and target you first. To mitigate this, you might consider investing in some items that give AP, but also boost your survivability. Two particularly good ones are Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter. If they are CC heavy, you should definitely work in a Banshee's Veil at some point too. It's hard to balance these defensive items with the need to focus on AP, though. You'll need to figure this out for yourself as you gauge your relative survivability chances in any given game. Sorry I can't give you a more concrete answer, but there really isn't one.