Is veigar OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Avenger

03-18-2011

Since the dawn of time.. lol just kidding... I just realized of many veigars could 1 hit kill combo and it makes me sick... Is he OP or they just play so good we want focus him or when we try something terrible happens like they win the team fight + veigar flee with like 12.9hp -_-

Also, how do you counter him as a team?

Thank you,
Wiz

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Don't build glass cannon all the way, MR, CC, Focus Fire
^ Applies to all AP nuke champions.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Veigar can build as a pure glass cannon as he scales extremely well and his stun gives the perfect opportunity to OS someone without a risk.

The best way to counter Veigar is to get HP and MR, surviving to his combo with like 10 % hp (unless he's totally fed.). Your goal is to wait until Veigar is out of position and OS him first.

Usually, flash and flash-like abilities are the best way to go against vegiar, wait for him to use his stun, flash past it, stun veigar and OS him before he destuns. He is EXTREMELY squishy if built glass cannon, everyone should be able to kill him in 1-2 seconds.

Oh, and stay in the middle of the stun if he misses you, never touch a side, EVER. Staying in the middle enables you to still use skills, maybe hit people (if ranged) and AVOID dark matter, which alone does around 1000 damage late game.

zxlkcf

03-18-2011

My name is Ezreal. I went AP, despite the fact that it's bad and that there was a Veigar on the other team.

I built around 900 AP late game, and I wrecked their whole team. Until he came along. I got owned.

NERF PLZ.

TaintedQ

03-18-2011

veigar dies if someone with any sort of damage output looks at him

Ularm

03-18-2011

veigar dies if you look directly into his eyes for about .4 seconds if your any kind of AD carry.

Dragx

03-18-2011

If you get sick because of Veigar's burst wait until you see Le Blanc.

Also bashee's veil and mecury threads mess up his combo really good.

Smellis

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragx View Post
If you get sick because of Veigar's burst wait until you see Le Blanc.

Also bashee's veil and mecury threads mess up his combo really good.
An endgame veigar will have higher burst and can do it MUCH safer than leblanc. Not to say that one if worse than the other as a champion.

Veigar is deceptively good as a solo laner. When his Q is a low enough cool down to where he can harass AND get last hits with it the other laner is in trouble. Most good veigars will also lvl Q+ E first while only putting one point into dark matter since it has a 1:1 ratio.

Is veigar op? No

Kikhan

03-18-2011

to answer OP in simple terms. Get BV and don't stack AP.

Kuryaka

03-18-2011

Banshee's Veil. It'll interrupt his combo. His ulti scales with both your AP and his AP, so running AP on a hybrid champ is a bad idea. You CAN build other AP champs, just don't get them to initiate a fight vs veigar. Or really, just hit him for a few seconds. Veigar has terribly low survivability without his Event Horizon.