"Inferiority Complex," a Veigar Guide by MrButtermancer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NickPham

05-16-2011

Sounds legit I suppose. What do you do when your tank is too underfarmed to protect you whilst you run like a little girl?

IkomaTanomori

05-16-2011

Run earlier. This is a fundamental tactical skill to develop for playing any champion: cowardice mixed with opportunism. You need to have a keen sense of when things are going well and when they're going poorly. This sense needs to be twice as keen on squishy champions. Three times as keen on champions like Veigar who are not only squishy but have tricky escape mechanisms to use properly.

Veigar should already have dropped what he's going to drop and be running for the back of his whole team by the time you see that your under-farmed tank is dying. This gives you the space to get away.

On the other hand, if your tank flashes out, and something else changes - like, say, fiddle jumping in with his ult or Karthus with his AoE - then you need to be paying attention so you can turn your little legs around to finish something(s) off with your ult/stun/W/Q. Then you get out again once you've used everything, unless you hear that magic word "ace."

OninomizuRaaxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

My strategy goes thus and it works for me -

Doran's Ring
Boots of Speed -> Sorcerer's Boots
Meki Pendent -> Fiendish Codex -> Morello's Evil Tome
Blasting Rod+ -> Void Staff
Blasting Rod+ -> Rabadon's Deathcap
Blasting Rod+ -> Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Sell Doran's Ring
Fiendish Codex -> Deathfire Grasp

This build works well for me. I'm currently not lvl 30 so I don't have all the runes or masteries, but I'll take them under advisement. Just asking - is this a good build? Should I stick with it, or go with more of your suggestions?

B1tch22

11-17-2011

Fine guide , i am a Veigar player as well , and i really love his burst :P , my strategy is close to the guide , but i prefer getting doran first followed by boots and then deathfire , and i prefer avoiding an archangel staff(even if i have to save a lil mana),i totally agree with mejai's,you're a target anyway , i also prefer getting mana reg quints and the blues flat cd (gonna try soon ap blues)

In my opinion Veigar can get one of the best bursts in game , if fed properly , if not......get zhonya's XD
+1 btw

Also....in late teamfights i have a problem with fed akalis,yis,or other really fast "jump on" ADs , which can get to me and kill me really quick , any ideas?

Cxhris

11-17-2011

First veigar build that I actually agree with Although I can play veigar on bot. Since I mainly just farm with Q, I dont raise dark matter til the latter half of mid game. Veigar plays very well as somewhat of a support with his event horizon. Keeps the enemies away and more minions to Q

Mambazo

11-17-2011

A good guide, but I don't like getting Tear on him, scaling mana regen seals and his passive, along with a quick Fiendish Codex, basically completely cover mana problems. The lower on mana you get the faster it regens; OOM means you have ~70 mp5, which is more than most people have with GOLEM BUFF. You won't be OOM long. I rush DFG and with its nuke, I can even burst down tanky-dps before they've gotten their warmogs and such. But that's a small difference and build and it's based on my playstyle; I don't doubt the OP has had success with his build.

Also, this thread is from March.

FlamingAbys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

I build him a little differently.

Meki Pendant+ HP pots
tear of goddess
lucidity boots
Kage's lucky pick
Rabadons
Giant's Belt
Finish deathfire grasp
finish rylai's
Get lich bane
finish archangels (sometimes finish earlier if im desperate for mana)

So this ends with:
Lucidity Boots
Archangel's Staff
Deathfire Grasp
Rabadon's deathcap
Rylai's Crystal Sceptre
Lich bane

This is gives me more survivability, less risky than Mejai's, yet still end up with 800+ AP minimum, with farm at least 200+ most of it from Q. Plus I can push towers very fast.