Leona: Health before armor/MR or Visa versa?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hippoli

11-17-2011

I can never figure out waht i want to do, and I do have a steroid in eclipse.

Defile

11-17-2011

depends

hippoli

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefilE View Post
depends
ON what?

Do tell.

PlayWithMe69

11-17-2011

Well most Leonas max their Q first so they wont have as much armor/MR early on. Try to get a good mixture of both. Get an early Heart of Gold. That should solve your heatlh issue for a bit so you can build whatever resistance items you please. Once you have the basics, then go back for health.

Nexus Crawler

11-17-2011

I do similiar on Rammus as the above poster recommends and it tends to work out well for me. One hp item like HoG should be enough to get you through to Mid.

SynergyDreamer

11-17-2011

I usually try to get them both equally. Whether it's getting Kindlegem-Merc Treads-needed armor or Kindlegem-Aegis-etc

hippoli

11-17-2011

How does Philo stone-->Heart of Gold--->Merctreads---->FoN------>RO----> Warmogs?

Anything wrong with this? After taht i just kind do wahtever works to counter the other team.

hippoli

11-17-2011

Shamelessselfbump

acosn

11-17-2011

CDR trumps all. I'd highly recommend opening with a philo stone + getting a kindlegem ASAP.

A build like this would emphasize all of Leona's strengths while letting her deal respectable damage, or at least enable your AP base to do so:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Leona/?items=114,105,70,22,21,17&runes=11,11,11,11,11,11 ,11,11,11,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,16,16,16,16,1 6,16,16,16,16,75,75,75&masteries=00400400010000000 03314021000030310000000000000000&level=18

Naturally you'd want to drop Wit's End and Malady for more defensive oriented items if you needed more survivability; I'd recommend a BV and a Sunfire Cape. Frozen Heart isn't a bad idea either, but with so much CDR you need prior planning to make the item work, or else you're throwing away a lot of gold. In any case you want to keep your passive up as often as possible, and minimize the dead-zone between W's as much as you can. Having your ult up in under a minute is also a nice perk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippoli View Post
How does Philo stone-->Heart of Gold--->Merctreads---->FoN------>RO----> Warmogs?

Anything wrong with this? After taht i just kind do wahtever works to counter the other team.
Warmogg's is a bunk item on Leona. She has weakish farm, and you simply do not want pure HP. Effective HP is more important, and since Atmogg's isn't even on Leona's radar you may as well forget about warmoggs. You want as many of your items to do more than render pure survivability. Since Leona has gimped AP ratios (adjusted for the cooldowns on her spells she only has one strong AP ratio) you also don't want middling items like Rod of Ages or Rylai's.

Salganos

11-17-2011

I max the stun second. Maxing the shield first is actually the best means to have any farming tools and it does get quite effective alongside a HoG and a Giant's Belt.

Warmog's is fine since all you need to build it up are 10 assists. The massive HP that provides allows focus for high mitigation items, leading to the highest effective HP possible. Though one should probably get at least a chain vest and negatron cloak before finishing it.