TF gate combo times of use

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClassicRock

02-11-2010

To all good TF players. When is the best time to use the destiny card gate combo? I recently started playing TF and I am able to get gold cards 8/10 times but how should I take advantage of TF's ganking potential.

He is just so fragile if the enemy has one other guy with him he'll kill me too. Trading kills doesnt seem worth it unless it nets me 1000g bonus.

How do you TF players get ganks without falling to TF's fragility?

zanitonium

02-11-2010

Generally dont try ganking people when it 2 on 1 in their favor, that'll help right off the bat.
Only do so when you're sure you can net the first kill in less than a second with gold card/wild cards combo and then just get a gold card to stun the second and retreat.

Get summoner spells to compliment your play style. Some people like ghost on him to gtfo but personally i think proper positioning on your part and flash is all you really need.

Learn to lock gold cards everytime. Then learn to get lock gold cards under pressure.

If you use destiny and realize the gank isn't favorable to you, just dont go... worst comes to worst you just tipped your team off to where all their champions are.. hardly a waste.

After the laning phase comes to an end just roam with your team and try not to use destiny or gate just to get back into the fight, unless its cruical. Walk back to your team so if someone tries to backdoor or you see an opportunity to back door yourself, you have the mobility to deal with it. Destiny can save your ass and your teams ass, learning how and when to destiny gate out of situations is key as well as paying attention to the map and using it to help your teammates escape/finish ganks.

TF is a character that can be talked about but is bettter to practice with I'm far from one of the best, but the more I play the more I learn, just get his basic skills down, work on your positioning and the rest you'll learn with time.

Eldunari

02-11-2010

Communication.

I'm a little spoiled with that because I usually play with friends over vent, but telling your teammates when you are coming so that they are prepared to use stuns/slows/exhaust, as you said, TF is a squishy hero. Another thing if you are solo ganking, know your limits, if you are jumping into two, can your GC/Wild Card finish one off if not, ask for help, or don't go in.