Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat + Sion's abilities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrewox

03-17-2011

If you put a Tiamat on Sion, and then the splash damage from his melee kills a handful of creeps (with "Enrage" turned on), will each of the mobs count towards his "permanently increases his health every time he kills a unit"? I know that Tiamat's splash does NOT trigger Nasus' Siphoning Strike damage increase, but Sion still manages to gain max HP from creeps killed by melee, Cryptic Gaze, or Death's Caress, so it would suggest the source of damage is irrelevant.

Also, if you put a Tiamat on Sion, and then enable his Ultimate, will the increased damage dealt be added into the "additionally Sion's attacks heal surrounding allies for a percentage of the damage dealt" aspect of his Ult? I know that Tiamat does not proc lifesteal effects, but this aspect of his Ult seems to be based on pure damage dealt.

Anyone know these two item-skill interactions?

Gloribhem

03-17-2011

I believe that his Ultimate is based off of swings. You could do 25 damage or 9001 damage and I believe it still only heals your allies for a set amount. If it was based on damage dealt then crit/AS sion would be a much scarier thing then AP sion which people would whine about all day.

The tiamat getting the creep kills I would assume would be the same. I think since it's a once you kill a minion you get bonus health when it's active where Nasus has to kill the targeted minion. I've tried the activate q then do the spirit fire and no bonus, whereas you stated with Sion the shield exploding and giving him hp so I believe it would be the same with Tiamat.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-17-2011

Any damage Sion deals while Enrage is active will proc the health gain effect of Enrage. This includes Tiamat's splash damage. (It's also why he is so sturdy built pure AP -- shield-farming is a great way to increase your max hp.)

I don't know how it interacts with his ulti. It would depend entirely on the order in which effects are applied.

Mrewox

03-17-2011

Wikia seems to think the group heal is based on a percentage of the damage done. It seems to scale 25/37.5/50% with points in his ult.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sion

This would seem to make the purchase of a Tiamat really strong for AD Sion in group combat, as adding only 1-2 chars nearby will increase his damage output by 50-100%, and subsequently his healing by 25-50%.

Does anyone know the range of Tiamat's AOE?

Gloribhem

03-17-2011

I stand corrected. For some reason I thought it was just a flat amount. Good job doing your research on that.

I heard that Tiamat's range is pretty bleh that's why it's such a bad item. I think 300 or 350 units from the one you hit or something like that. Probably less I'm not for sure.

Hexalion

03-18-2011

This is assumptions but:

Tiamats splash damage does NOT proc on hit effects.
Lifesteal is an on hit effect
Sions "heal allies for % of dmg dealt" is i truly beleive an on hit effect.

In other words if this is accurate(wich i think it is^^) then tiamats aoe splash dmg output does not count towards healing your allies (it still counts to simply destroying the ennmy with the massive attack speed bonus)

Health gained per kill: this effect is NOT an on hit effect! Unlike nasus syphon strike or Veigars baleful strike that both require that the SKILLS OWN DAMAGE slays the target in order to grants its bonus, Sions enrage only requires(accroding to the tooltip) him to be registered a kill. Since the aoe splash dmg from Tiamat does increase your minion killcount, it would logicaly work towards the higher hp effect.

On a sidenote, Tiamat, even if it doesnt allow for the permanent dmg increase to syphon strike, it does take the bonus dmg, this would also mean, at least i assume, that items like madreds razor/wriggles lantern/sheen etc that simply add a flat blast up to your damage(like syphon strike) provide.

So here is something scary to test for an AD sion.
Madreds razor
zerk greaves
Wriggles(why not its cheap and amazing)
Tiamat.

Cheap "core" build that alows decent dmg output and wtf high farming abilities, even without the tiamat at this point you could farm lanes and jungle, and when you do get tiamat(shouldnt be long with wriggles) then your on for MASSIVE farming. id expect this simple build to quickly outfarm pretty much annyone, wich on sions would result in massive bonus health from enrage!

At this point stuff like Pdancer, some armor pen, and finish it off with a infinity....i beleive there will be death. this is something to try!

Hexalion

03-18-2011

Quote:
Mrewox:
Wikia seems to think the group heal is based on a percentage of the damage done. It seems to scale 25/37.5/50% with points in his ult.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sion

This would seem to make the purchase of a Tiamat really strong for AD Sion in group combat, as adding only 1-2 chars nearby will increase his damage output by 50-100%, and subsequently his healing by 25-50%.

Does anyone know the range of Tiamat's AOE?

Sorry for the double post but i have come to answer thine question

I dont have an actual number BUT i can give a rough idea, **** short X3

i would say its roughly around the same aoe as kayle's lvl ONE righteous fury, so very small, it will hit targets that are virtualy touching eachother (a little further) but not by much more. If you get aoe hits with it in teams fights your kinda lucky, but for farming? thats another story