Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flestiraef

02-10-2010

I'm looking for a guide to jungling- not so much "how" to do it, but just what the buffs do or whatever, I've never seen anyone do it and i'm almost level 10, starting to get curious after reading more and more champion guides.

Thanks in advance

Kesshisan

Recruiter

02-10-2010

I don't know the specifics, but this is what they kinda do:

The Red Lizard buff gives your attacks a Damage over Time, and a slowing effect.

The Blue Golem buff gives you a passive mana regen and it reduces your Champion's cooldowns by a percentage.

Travice

02-11-2010

As a Jungling Shaco/Yi, I can say your jungling will go as follows

Talents=21/x/x, x can be 0 or 9
Skills=Smite and flash/exhaust/ignite/Rally(in some cases, but usually not rally)
1) Buy cloth armor+5 pots
2) Go to golem
3) As soon as golem spawns, attack it, use potion, should be killable w/ smite
4) Kill pack by golem(will be either two mini golems or a wolf pack)
5) Kill ghost pack by lizard
6) Kill Lizard
7) Kill Golem/Wolf pack by lizard
8) By this time you will be level 4, go get an early gank or two in
9) Buy Madred's razor, jungle enemy side if they don't stop you, if they do stop you, keep ganking and push that lane in.
10) Dragon At level 7, should happen no later then 10-12 minutes into game.
11) Advanced boots and madred's razors by 23-25 minutes if you did alright, earlier if you did well, later if you did not(If this is what happened you're probably done for the game)
12) Pummel enemy team into an early defeat/surrender because you're the same level as their solo, and they can't stop you.

This is my personal experience jungling, and may differ from others, may even get shot down, but hope this helps you.

Jonny Monroe

02-11-2010

Smite is like having a big sign on your character saying 'I'm in the jungle, come gank me!'

I prefer ignite/rally, both have better functionality in the later game than smite whilst still being viable for the early game Jungler.

Kesshisan

Recruiter

02-11-2010

Quote:
Jonny Monroe:
Smite is like having a big sign on your character saying 'I'm in the jungle, come gank me!'

I prefer ignite/rally, both have better functionality in the later game than smite whilst still being viable for the early game Jungler.

The problem here is that there are not many champions who can kill lizard or golem first without smite. Also, Improved Smite is in the low end of the offensive tree, meaning no or very little deviation is needed to pick it up. Even while going tank Mundo, I will jungle with 21 defensive and Improved Smite. Also, add on the fact that Smite, Improved or not, can net a lot of money early on, and a ton of money long term, and Smite is a very handy tool.

Smite is good for using vs champions, too. I don't mean using ON champions, many skill shots get "intercepted" by minions. A well placed smite with an instant skill shot after the creep is smitten can make a player who thought they were safe suddenly hit by something devastating. I play Jungle Mundo a lot, and Many times I will jump from the bushes, smite a creep, and hit someone with a Mundo cleaver.

Smite does have its uses outside of jungling, but while jungling Smite is invaluable.