Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Flip the Camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heathenl

03-17-2011

After playing League of Legends for some time, i though it would be a great idea to be able to flip the camera. I prefer to face the top of the map when i play and when i face the bottom side i hate it so much. So my idea is to make UI option that allows you to choose the side you want to face. Also there could be more option like playing on a horizontal or vertical game plate.

fatflyingpigs

03-17-2011

I actually like this idea a lot, and it would be quite simple to implement too. Only trouble would be with coordination (like "go bot" could mean either side depending on which direction the map was facing for each player). A solution to this is to implement a simple compass system, where "bot" would be "S" for south, and top/left would be "W" for west or "N" for north.

DinoThrasher

03-20-2011

Quote:
fatflyingpigs:
I actually like this idea a lot, and it would be quite simple to implement too. Only trouble would be with coordination (like "go bot" could mean either side depending on which direction the map was facing for each player). A solution to this is to implement a simple compass system, where "bot" would be "S" for south, and top/left would be "W" for west or "N" for north.

Not if you flipped the map perspective for everyone on a single team, which in my opinion would be the best option.

If you're playing with a locked camera, being the upper right team is extremely difficult as you can't see as far below you as above. Switching the perspective for everyone on a team would fix this problem for locked cameras by always have the more ideal perspective when locked, while also keeping the perspective consistent for teams.

wompstas

03-22-2011

PLEASE FIX THE CAMERA, even with the camera unlocked i'm always at a huge disadvantage when im playing on the purple side. people would spend more money on characters if you switched this too, because its like 50% chance you will do good because of the camera, playing on the purple side is game changing and nobody likes it. if you guys are worried about people saying "Go top" or something and the cameras different for that person, just SWITCH THE CAMERA FOR EVERYBODY so we're all facing up, like on the blue side.

Roädkill

03-23-2011

This is exactly why I took a pause in the game and came to the forums. I too do not like running down the screen towards the hud. Either the screen needs to be able to rotate (and possibly the map), or when u get lumped with being the top team, you should be able to reverse the HUD, so the bottom of the screen is clear.

I minimised my HUD as much as I can (and still use it) and it still feels like its in the way.