Introducing Legendary Skins - Ice Toboggan Corki

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jasonoliver

Senior Business Development Manager

02-10-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

As part of our Winter Games celebration, we will be introducing one extra special skin that will be different from skins we have released in the past. Ice Toboggan Corki represents our first Legendary Skin, and finds Corki piloting not his usual Bandle City Expeditionary Force squadron, but rather a custom winter games spec bobsled equipped with a powerful automatic gun. This skin in particular was extra complex and took extra long to produce, and we are very excited to offer it to the League of Legends community.

As a Legendary Skin, it will be priced at a high price point, and it is not meant for all League of Legends players. Similar to how people have the option of buying different automobiles based on their anticipated spend level (while all well-made automobiles, a Ford is not the same as a BMW, which is not the same as a Bugatti), we would like to give our players a similar spectrum of ways to customize their champions. Additionally, we felt that Corki was an adequate champion to introduce the first Legendary Skin for since we will be giving all players who registered before January 14, 2010 the Corki champion and an equally epic UFO Corki skin (technically the first Legendary Skin completed, check your accts now as you may have it already!) as a show of appreciation for helping League of Legends earn some premiere recognition in the video gaming community.

Again, we look forward to introducing Ice Toboggan Corki into the store tomorrow, and we’ll be introducing the skin at 30% off during the opening weekend of the winter games. There will be more Legendary Skins in the future, but they will be few and far between, as this distinction will be reserved for only the most exceptional skins.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

02-10-2010

Oh man, they actually warned us its going to be pricey. Good thing my b-day's coming up!

Spen

02-10-2010

So legendary = model change?

Wouldn't Pharoh Amumu be legendary?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spen View Post

Hats are not legendary. (Except cho'gath with a top hat)
The snowdown skins had slight remodels.

jasonoliver

Senior Business Development Manager

02-10-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Several skins in the store already have model changes, so that alone does not determine the legendary-ness of the skin

Jazzminkey

02-10-2010

Lololol how much is it that you have to make an announcement about it?

railspider

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spen View Post

Yeh but Pharoah Amumu looks like a barrel.

I'm not too fussed about this, but I guarantee all the players who treat this as a 'free' game will be up in arms that they can't afford a skin with their lunch money anymore.

StaticFrog

02-10-2010

May you please give me a price on it? I'm going to walk to best buy tomorrow to get riot prepaid cards and I'm buying 3 skins so I would like to know how much it's going to cost so I get enough.

Spen

02-10-2010

I'm just curious what makes a skin legendary then besides you calling it legendary and putting it at a huge price.

It's fine if that's all I'm just curious.

NinjaBoyLao

02-10-2010

Cool batch of skin!

PS
jax's upper arm is badly rigged.

12345 ... 10