Backdooring Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kashus

02-10-2010

Is a weak way to lose a game. Seriously... no one can convince me that backdooring isn't cheap and deflating. You could even stick someone back there to defend and still lose. I know it's not frowned upon as a viable strat, it just seems weak to me. It digs even worse when your team had already been on the losing side of most of the team fights.... as if backdooring was going to snatch their team from the jaws of defeat.

objectivesea

02-10-2010

I agree it sucks... So is life. I would suggest moving on, and hopefully not dealing with the same experience next game. If you were going to lose anyways, well... At least it was faster.

Zeoilvia

02-10-2010

If you have all your turrets they can't possibly backdoor you. You know you have this recall spell? Try pressing B If you lost your turrets and don't have mapcontrol and they "backdoor" it's just your mistake. Don't try to make backdooring sound like it's some kind of cheating or low thing to do. It's not easy for anyone to go and kill your nexus. The only champs that can get unnoticed into your base are TF and Pantheon but they can't destroy your nexus before you pew pew them. It's all part of the game. Don't cry when people kill you either. I know it hurts your feelings but they just want some gold

Viro Melchior

02-10-2010

I'm not sure why Twitch gets such hate for this. His range even got nerfed because of it. He *isn't* good at it, merely "ok". Yi is FAR better at backdooring, as he can pop his ultimate and wuju and take a tower down without dieing *while inside it's range*.

I will agree that the ability some champs have to do this is counter-productive to the strategy of the game. While I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept (damage a tower while their team is elsewhere, without the aid of minions), being able to do more than half a tower's health in under 15 seconds is NOT something that should be allowed.

My basic suggestion is that towers have an ability:
All damage in excess of 1% of the tower's max hp is reduced to 1%. Then make Alistar's ability trigger after that (so he's the lone champ that can kill a tower in under 100 swings).

Sure you can still backdoor, but at 2.5 attack speed, it'll now take you 40 seconds worth of attacking. Or in other words, you'll have to backdoor the same turret more than once to kill it. Minion damage won't be affected at all, and it'll make it a *bit* slower for the 5 man push to take the tower down while a lone champ harasses them (and might allow the lone champ to get a kill if they don't deal with him).

Rezoh

02-10-2010

1- If you have towers a lonely champion can't backdoor
2- Look at your map and press B if necessary
3- There are better champions for backdooring than twitch

Pieceofcandy

02-10-2010

Vision wards and recalling before he starts tearing down your towers.

Kashus

02-10-2010

Don't get me wrong, I am not bummed about losing.... I am lamenting on what was otherwise a lively game that got reduced to caveman-play through backdooring.... it took the juice right out of the game and made it boring.

At no point do I think anyone says, while backdooring or being backdoored, during a fun well-played game "Wow, this game has been great so far....and now, it's epic! This backdooring strategy has absolutely raised the level of play!"

Rezoh

02-10-2010

Epic backdoor moment:

The game stands at 50 minutes, every champion is level 18 and it's very tied. On our last push we destroyed almost their entire base except the nexus. They're attacking us and almost killed my whole team and destroyed our base. I teleport to one of our minions, run with mobility boots and destroy their nexus just 2 seconds before they destroy ours...
Well for me that was epic!

Pieceofcandy

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashus View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am not bummed about losing.... I am lamenting on what was otherwise a lively game that got reduced to caveman-play through backdooring.... it took the juice right out of the game and made it boring.

At no point do I think anyone says, while backdooring or being backdoored, during a fun well-played game "Wow, this game has been great so far....and now, it's epic! We just got outplayed! Someone had a strategy that we decided was too troublesome to bother stopping!"

I see.

Kashus

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofcandy View Post
I see.
It's ok bro, you didn't get my point, but at least you tried. Kudos to you.