Item Feedback Requested

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phroz3n

08-30-2009

Stop comparing lol to dota ! Lol has MUCH more slow and stun abilities per champion than dota.
So please don't add anymore disables(hex,silence,etc.).
Instead add more movement impairing effect reduction or ignore items.

"... Treads"
Enhanced Movement 2
Active effect: Ignores movement impairing effects and Enhanced Movement 3 for 5~10 seconds.
Cooldown 20~40 seconds affected by cooldown reduction.
~1500 gold

Oh and btw ... stop posting about countering dodge ... i think they get the general idea. And I still like my idea more than any othe dodge countering item. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by phroz3n View Post
To counter jax's massive amounts of dodge a True Strike item wold be nice(active ability), of course it should have a drawback while active - mana consumption or item stats decrease or lower the champions attack speed by a certain percentage (this item wold also work against teemo's poison dart and the Exaust summoner spell).

Xrystus

08-30-2009

-% chance on being hit to increase armor and magic resistance by a fixed %.
-When champion's mana drops below a certain %, gains ### mana teporarily, after the duration has expired, the mana is lost.
-same as above except with health
-when champion dies, an explosion is let loose and deals damage in a radius based on AP, does not trigger when revived by guardian angel.
-% chance on being hit to shock the attacker, burning mana and dealing damage equal to half the mana burned
-% chance on being hit to turn invisable, 2 second fadetime, 1 second duration after fade, can only occur once every 4 seconds.

Lomesh

08-31-2009

Item - Adrenaline Boots

Give a base +1 Movement speed.
As health drops by % movement speed increases.
Used definatly more as a defensive/survivability item instead of normal boots.
+1-1.5% movement speed per 1% health missing. Not sure on the numbers, would need to see the effect in game for a better idea of what is balanced.

Lomesh

08-31-2009

Vampiric Mantle - Recipe

Ruby Crystal + Base 10% Lifesteal item + The Null Magic Mantle + 300g Recipe

+300 Health, + 40 Magic Resistence, AURA: Deals 1-2 *Again would need tested* damage per second to units in a large area around the wearer, restores health equal to the damage dealt.

Lomesh

08-31-2009

Toe Tickler - Recipe

+10 damage Longsword + 15% Dagger + 500g Recipe

+10 Damage, +20% Attackspeed, Each strike on an enemy reduces their movement speed by 3%, this stacks up to 10 times. The effect lasts 5 seconds and is refreshed with each application.

Lomesh

08-31-2009

Shield of ______

The +350 health/mana + health/mana on levelup recipe + The +40 Ability Blasting Wand + Shield, +500 recipe cost.

+400 health/mana, +50 Ability Power, Effect: Any physical strike which would reduce your health by 20% or more has its damage reduced by 30%

Really helps with survivability of low health heroes against people who stack crit damage on heroes like scion/master yi. I've know i've been three shot before... It's no fun.

Redtah

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Hello my favorite beta testers,

I'm looking to gather some feedback about items - specifically the ones we don't have. We'd like to add a few more items. We're mostly interested in ideas around:

Items to counter a particular strategy, tactic, overpowered champion type, etc
Items with hybrid stats, like damage and ability power, that are not represented
Items with interesting procs or effects that we do not have
Items with active abilities. We'd prefer to avoid in-combat spells

For maximum value, please add as much detail as you can... in what situations the item would be useful, what its purpose is, what characters would buy it, what other items you'd build with it, why we should add it, what gap it fills, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Guinsoo
Dodge Counter items: 2 new Items

I Play Jax's Jax Counter - Recipe
2/3 +Attack Power that turn into
+xx Attack Power
Passive: 40% chance on hit to apply debuff -xx% dodge, if the enemy unit has dodged in the last 2 seconds 100% chance to apply debuff

Possibly have this item "stack" with the same item from other heroes, not with multiple accounts of the item on one hero.

This item would be a perfect counter to Jax's innate dodge ability unless they stacked dodge in which case either a bunch of heroes would need it, or the one hero that is worried about being dodged (Think Physical DPS ranged/Melee) would have to get the following item.

Quickening Blade - Recipe
2/3 +Attack Power and 1 attack speed item (probably recurve bow) that turn into
+xx Attack Power
+xx Attack Speed (less then the recurve Bow or whatever item you take to get this)
Unique Passive: Miss Chance reduced by xx%

Both of the above items would work for all forms of dodge/miss but primarialy against heroes stacking dodge, especially Jax. Would be useful to all Physical DPS heroes.

Tier 3 or "4" Boots: 4 Items

Magus Boots - Recipe
Sorcerer's Boots and a Giant recipe cost turn into
Unique Passive: Enhance Movement 3
+42 Ability Power

Silver Surfer Treads - Recipe
Mercury's Treads and Giant recipe cost turn into
Unique Passive: Enhance Movement 3 -43% duration of movement impairing effects
+39 Magic resist

Whirlwind Greaves - recipe
Berserker's Greaves and Giant recipe cost turn into
+30% attack Speed

Grand Master Ninja Tabi - recipe
Ninja Tabi and Giant recipe cost turn into
+16% Dodge
+31 Armor

Time Lapse Boots - recipe
Boots of Swiftness and Giant recipe cost turn into
Unique Passive: Enhance Movement 4

Semi useful recipes unless the game goes on long, think 50 minute+games were basically everyone is 16-18 and at a standstill. There should be some way to upgrade the one thing everyone has with something they could actually use. There should also in my opinion be "alternative" recipes for each boots say boots of Swiftness + some items + less then giant but still big recipe cost = any of the new Unique Passive: Enhance Movement 3 boots.

Tier 2 mana/regen Item :
Fairie Bead - recipe
Fairie Charm and Rejuvenation Bead turn into
+xx HP Regen
+xx MP Regen

I know myself and a few friends get the Fairie Charm and Rejuv bead as starting items on alot of heroes and it would be nice to turn it into a 1 slot item

That's all I can think of for now.

Krom

08-31-2009

I'd like to see an item with Attack Damage and Cooldown Redux.

Currently -CD is only available on items that offer AP, mana regen, armor, or spell block. Most of which aren't attractive to a lot physical damage dealing heroes, even though they'd enjoy some -CD.

Being a fan of Nashor's Tooth and growable items my first thought was to just make a Bashor's Tooth (yuk yuk). Swap out the AP rod for a pickaxe and bada-bing bada-boom you're set.

But then I thought what about poor Tryndamere who would grumble a bit at the mana regen?

What if you took Emblam of Valor, combined it with a pickaxe and came out with an offensive version of Soulshroud that gave HP regen instead of mana regen?

Additionaly what about doing something else with Zeal? Throw in a pickaxe™ and say a 500g combine and come out with something like 25atk spd, 15%crit, 10% move spd, 30dmg, and 10-15% -CD.

DutchDragoon

08-31-2009

I think a sheepstick item would still be cool though. Or if not, at least something like Shiva's, as well as items like dagon and other active ability stuff would be cool. Right now the items are pretty boring imo.

Redtah

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by phroz3n View Post
Stop comparing lol to dota ! Lol has MUCH more slow and stun abilities per champion than dota.
So please don't add anymore disables(hex,silence,etc.).
Instead add more movement impairing effect reduction or ignore items.

"... Treads"
Enhanced Movement 2
Active effect: Ignores movement impairing effects and Enhanced Movement 3 for 5~10 seconds.
Cooldown 20~40 seconds affected by cooldown reduction.
~1500 gold

Oh and btw ... stop posting about countering dodge ... i think they get the general idea. And I still like my idea more than any othe dodge countering item. :|

The drawback should be that its taking up an item slot and is only useful against Jax.....