Know what it means to "Huuuuurrrt" now?

Love it! 86 76.11%
Hate it. 27 23.89%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Malphite: "Huuuuurrrt!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

The build is no doubt tanky against melee, but doesn't have extreme magic resist, and his nukes are great but after your 3 shots you're kind of left to the dogs with your melee. Malphite gets an active 70% increased attack damage which i think easily makes physical the best damage dealing build.
Leviathan
Atmas
Phantom dancer

Malphite with a cleanse/flash will be ridiculously hard to outrun, hit like a truck, and get away like a ninja as well. And once you get yourself 10 assists/kills, you are a ridiculous tank.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Well, Apen/Mpen is typically more powerful than AD/AP, up until the target has 0 armor/MR.

*shrug*

Except in cases where AP's got some silly ratio like 1.5 or something.
I thought that mpen could force a target below 0, because at least on the golem, ryze can get it down to -45 with a (you take -30% reduced damage from magic) when you hover over it, where the negative reduction works backwards and adds to your spells.

Voidgolem

04-08-2010

Mpen can't. Abyssal Scepter/Amumu/Spell Flux/Fiddle Passive can.

Same rules as armor, basically.

Veronath

05-20-2010

This guide is by far the most entertaining way to play Malphite. You ARE the powerhouse, two massive AOE moves, plus an aoe stun. Work with another aoe character (Fiddles) and you will melt people.

A+ guide.

bluefall

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
How do you manage without mana regen?
I think you can get by without buying a mana regen item on Malphite and without taking Clarity. An early game Sapphire Crystal (which goes towards Frozen Heart in the long run or at least Glacial Shroud) can support early game harassing. And if you take teleport you can always recall for a quick refill and to pick up some boots or something small and be back in lane without missing much xp. Although the magic resist from Chalice is indeed nice, but I like to pick up an Aegis myself for that...well that and Aegis is nice.

Zheed

07-06-2010

I play Malphite regularly, and I've been very successful stacking pure armor and CD reduction (ending games with approx 500 armor). This makes ulti about a 50 second cooldown and combine that with ulti and when you charge into the mob of enemies they're ALL at 60% or lower. With a good team they'll know to follow you in and from there it's easy street.

An item I noticed that was not mentioned was Randuin's Omen.
+300 Health +90 Armor +25 Health Regen per 5 sec. UNIQUE Passive: 15% Cooldown Reduction and 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 25% for 3 seconds. UNIQUE Active: Slows movement speeds and attack speeds of surrounding units by 35% for 1 second + 0.5 seconds for each 100 Armor and Magic Resist. 60 second cooldown.
This is an amazing item for 3 reasons:
1: the gold from Heart of Gold is wonderfully helpful to gear up quickly, and it has good starting stats.
2: the final item has 90 armor which is then applied to his ground slam AND makes him very durable
3: the active ability is amazingly useful to help allies get into the fight without much damage, it also lowers enemy damage on you while you're tanking.

Another side note is the 60 second CD. If you get glacial heart and ANY other CD reduction item, Malphite's ulti will be close to 60 seconds, so you can almost always use these two abilities (ulti + Omen's active) together.

My favorite combo is with Pantheon personaly :P he charges his jump, once his ring appears I charge in, he lands, I slam, I activate Omen... that's called PAIN!

Redenbacher

07-06-2010

Good guide, very similar to how I would build Malphite back when I used to play him. He's a great chaser, and shard is a smack in the face for most champs early game. I might start playing him again.

As mentioned above, Randuin's Omen is great on Malphite. In fact when it first came out, I thought it was basically made for him. The Frozen Heart, however gives mana that is very valuable for SS spam, so they're definitely both viable. Heck, you could get them both and wreck shop... but keep in mind, without Banshee's, mages will tear you a new one. Stay flexible. Catalyst is definitely a must though (Even if it's a physical heavy team, isn't Rod of Ages viable on Malphite?)

Klazzix

08-08-2010

Must say this guide hasn't been updated for long, and it may not be the best. I'll rework on this guide once our rocky friend gets some hugs from Riot.