Jax, as marks or arp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zrich

03-17-2011

I use MPen marks, since if you're using skills, most of your damage will be magic. It's best for harrassing with leap/empower. You wont need ARpen when you get a black cleaver anyways

Rrbhaunoch

03-18-2011

if you are going pure hybrid, I personally think that attack speed makes more sense. I have seen several jaxes lately build AP + AS and with that build magic pen would make more sense to me

Spook Hunter

03-19-2011

bump

pezit

03-30-2011

AD gives you 8.5 damage and 25 health, by far the best imo.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

AP since AP Jax is basicly A55 Pwning Jax

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Seeing as Jax is hybrid I'd rather go with AS. Then you get more dammage through AD from your auto-attacks and more dammage with your AP through auto-attacks (your ult augmenting your auto-attacks). With AS runes you don't have to waste your gold on more AS items and max out easier. It seems as soon as I hit level 6 I get a very, very good increase in dammage with full AS runes.

Jax sometimes has a hard early game if you get unlucky with dodge/stuns or put up against 2 ranged. So rushing rageblade and having full AS runes and not just marks is a very good way to up your early game while not sacrificing any end game.

If you dont have a full page of Attack speed runes them maybe go with the Armor pen marks. But if you have a full page of AS I recommend that for jax.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
Disagree. Jax deals 50% magic and 50% physical damage with his skills and every 3rd hit from his ultimate dealing 300 magic damage, not to mention leap+empower harass. Buying either form of penetration is not particularly efficient on him. Front-end attack speed gets your stacks on quicker, exponential like kwj said above me, so you might get 10 stacks of your ult and 8 stacks of rageblade in 7 seconds instead of 12 seconds if you got some front end attack speed. Also allows you to jungle much smoother at level 1 if you choose to jungle jax.
Its actually about 2/3 AP and 1/3 AD if you have a hybrid build. Which is much cheaper per dps for Jax than an AP build and gives him more HP giving him increased survivability.

I don't think penetration is very good on Jax anyway