Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax, as marks or arp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zrich

03-17-2011

I use MPen marks, since if you're using skills, most of your damage will be magic. It's best for harrassing with leap/empower. You wont need ARpen when you get a black cleaver anyways

Rrbhaunoch

Recruiter

03-18-2011

if you are going pure hybrid, I personally think that attack speed makes more sense. I have seen several jaxes lately build AP + AS and with that build magic pen would make more sense to me

Spook Hunter

03-19-2011

bump

pezit

03-30-2011

AD gives you 8.5 damage and 25 health, by far the best imo.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

AP since AP Jax is basicly A55 Pwning Jax

dirtpoor

03-30-2011

Seeing as Jax is hybrid I'd rather go with AS. Then you get more dammage through AD from your auto-attacks and more dammage with your AP through auto-attacks (your ult augmenting your auto-attacks). With AS runes you don't have to waste your gold on more AS items and max out easier. It seems as soon as I hit level 6 I get a very, very good increase in dammage with full AS runes.

Jax sometimes has a hard early game if you get unlucky with dodge/stuns or put up against 2 ranged. So rushing rageblade and having full AS runes and not just marks is a very good way to up your early game while not sacrificing any end game.

If you dont have a full page of Attack speed runes them maybe go with the Armor pen marks. But if you have a full page of AS I recommend that for jax.

OnlyBotLane

03-31-2011

Quote:
DrDragun:
Disagree. Jax deals 50% magic and 50% physical damage with his skills and every 3rd hit from his ultimate dealing 300 magic damage, not to mention leap+empower harass. Buying either form of penetration is not particularly efficient on him. Front-end attack speed gets your stacks on quicker, exponential like kwj said above me, so you might get 10 stacks of your ult and 8 stacks of rageblade in 7 seconds instead of 12 seconds if you got some front end attack speed. Also allows you to jungle much smoother at level 1 if you choose to jungle jax.

Its actually about 2/3 AP and 1/3 AD if you have a hybrid build. Which is much cheaper per dps for Jax than an AP build and gives him more HP giving him increased survivability.

I don't think penetration is very good on Jax anyway