Talk to friends in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigCajonez88

02-10-2010

I have been asking around everywhere and cant seem to find an answer to if we can talk to our friends that are outside our game that message us. Can you concur that there is or is not a way. If there is not there needs to be one. Many thanks.

TheAnomaly

02-15-2010

/r responds to the last person that whispered you.

/msg [username] or /w [username] sends a message to a specific player.

PinkPrincess

02-15-2010

TheAnomaly is right - you can talk to your friends out of game, but I have had issues with it in the past.
When someone messages you, LoL does very little to notify you. As far as I can tell, I have missed most of my messages when friends send stuff to me. I don't know if this is an issue with the messaging system or if I am just neglecting to read my text box.
The other problem with it (and I am sure that this has been brought up) is that the messages are in all white text. This makes it look as though it is something that someone in game has said. I typically look at the messages and assume it was just part of the text that I had already read.
I don't believe that the color has been changed, but I feel that Riot needs to change the color and add some type of annoying noise to signify that someone has sent you a message.

Dathadorne

02-18-2010

Make whispers purple/green...Blizz did it right 8 years ago, there's no reason not to implement the feature.

DO IT RIOT, PLEASE!

BigCajonez88

02-18-2010

Thanks for the reply...good info...i also agree on changing the text to another color or add a sound like in the lobby to alert the player a friend is talking

Raymears

08-24-2010

Any updates on this stuff? I just started playing and find this incredibly annoying not being able to coordinate with friends.

Fyorm

08-26-2010

or if u minimaze LoL and go to the launcher there u can talk with them.. and yeah previosuly you could see whispers in-game now not anymore

Dark M3nace

11-28-2010

I sure hopes this answer would work cuz everything i tried fails....EPICLY FAILS

NursŤ Redheart

11-29-2010

i too was wondering about it. then i watched a stream (i think it was HotshotGG) and he was talking to outside the game friends. i watched and say that he would type /r and the name of the person. i triyed it and it works.

Ya, then need to change the color to more visable.

Kirawolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

/w [Summoners name) [text]

Thats it.

For example

/w Bigcajonez88 What's up bro?