New Free Champions (Week 12)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Actually the counts were based on the RP cost to unlock the Champions (so Ryze is Heroic and Teemo is Epic). I definitely am not trying to mislead anyone. I can easily publish future information based on the IP cost, if that's more useful to players. I'd be interested in hearing from others if that would be an improvement.

- RiotChris
I'd rather have all champions have equal tiers for both. That would avoid a lot of confusion, but I guess it's too late for that now, since they'll be a lot of refund requests... And there's no RP equivalent to the 6300 IP champions.

As such, I think the table should contain both tiers, or you should make a separate table for both.

PS: I'll also show my disapproval of the fact, that you can't easily convert RP points into real money, thanks to the ratio. It's a really unfair marketing tactic :/

EDIT:
Also, I'd like to see the following champions next week: Dr. Mundo, Kassadin, Nidalee, Sion, Udyr.
I'm doing research, and need access to then ^^;

shokked

02-11-2010

hrhr.....met a kartus and pantheon yesterday...well, they got raped

dont understand why so many people play with new heroes in normal games...what do they think prac games are made for?

its not funneh playing against them cause it ends in a rape....playing WITH them isnt funneh, too.....cause i lose then :/

maybe ill try blitz....havent played him before ...

Kevinizer

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotaProism View Post
completly agree with you on the IP costs i wondered why some of them had the same RP cost but the IP cost was different. I don't understand the method they are using to balance pricing its a little bit confusing
It would be so much easier for people if you just made 1000RP = to $10 and 2500RP = $25 disregarding the bonuses that you give with it, but i had to pull out a calculator to figure out the costs of each hero to see if it was worth buying wit RP or earning it with IP
troublesome because they werent easy numbers
Awww Poor you, you had to use a calculator ! xD Besides you shouldn't be picking your champs according to their prices but according to your taste. I don't know how much IP i wasted on champs that I've actually used no more than twice -.-

And nah, i think Riot are doing a pretty good job on their Free Champion rotation selections. Most characters that people don't pick usually don't appear often in the free weeks. Like Karthus, he may be present in like 60% of the games now, but it's pretty normal considering the fact that Karthus has only appeared in the Free selection a few times. If it wasn't for that, no one would be picking Karthus 24/7 and so in other words it's about time they did it cuz now everyones going crazy on a champ thats worth 6300 IP and that you might wanna test before buying ! xD And would've only have gotten worse if they waited...

(PS last weeks Shaco invasion was a p*ss *ff)

Aknar

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisr10 View Post
actually this rotation had already been given last week. But i think with so many people wanting a piece of the undead champion, i guess next week's his week.
we nead rotten flesh!!!

Fizzmix

02-11-2010

Quote:
completly agree with you on the IP costs i wondered why some of them had the same RP cost but the IP cost was different. I don't understand the method they are using to balance pricing its a little bit confusing
It would be so much easier for people if you just made 1000RP = to $10 and 2500RP = $25 disregarding the bonuses that you give with it, but i had to pull out a calculator to figure out the costs of each hero to see if it was worth buying wit RP or earning it with IP
Buy them with RP. Support Riot.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2010

Quote:
The problem with making 1000RP = $10 is you have to realize the "dollar" isn't the only currency that is purchasing RP.

Fizzmix

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki3 View Post
I'd rather have all champions have equal tiers for both. That would avoid a lot of confusion, but I guess it's too late for that now, since they'll be a lot of refund requests... And there's no RP equivalent to the 6300 IP champions.

As such, I think the table should contain both tiers, or you should make a separate table for both.

PS: I'll also show my disapproval of the fact, that you can't easily convert RP points into real money, thanks to the ratio. It's a really unfair marketing tactic :/

EDIT:
Also, I'd like to see the following champions next week: Dr. Mundo, Kassadin, Nidalee, Sion, Udyr.
I'm doing research, and need access to then ^^;

Unfair marketing tactic?
lol
Bonus riot points the more money you spend, and you want to complain about that?
I'm guessing you've never bought riot points. PURCHASE some riot points. Support Riot.

gefo

02-11-2010

OH GOSH, NOW EVERYONE IS USING MAH TEEMO

And they suck .__.

I hate when that happen.

Meh, i guess ill be playing arranged only this week.

RageCannotBePro

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
New champ next week I hope

Ezreal or Kennen? Both sound pretty awesome
woot more heros!!

SlyGoat

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
You've read almost everything on the forums Goat - I'd be shocked if you missed this (what I linked to from my original post):

-RiotChris
Well, it's just, whenever I see a Nasus I ask him specifically if he builds DPS or Tank. And if he answers DPS, I queue dodge. Honestly the only situation I'll ever queue dodge. And you're perpetuating it by telling people Nasus is DPS

I think we can all agree if you put Annie as Melee DPS or Mundo as a Mage you'd be quick to correct your error.