Poppy: What to get after Trinty Force?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorg711

03-16-2011

After getting Trinity Force what item should Poppy get next?

I have seen suggestions from Deathfire Grasp, Hextech Gunblade to The Bloodthirster.

Ujeye

03-16-2011

I've tried Tri-force a few times with and her tbh Sheen, Boots, DFG, Lichbane *insert defense or AP here* seems to be the strongest way to go with her. A dash of CDR helps too.

unc1es4m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

I tend to rush sheen and basic boots after dorans shield. Upgrade to Trin force, then an infinity edge, start critting upwards 1k "q"pretty **** early. Lead on to frozen mallet, maybe atmas, sunfire cape, guardian.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Why are you getting Trin force when your getting DFG, if you get DFG then get Lich's bane and go AP for her burst, getting defense caster items and a deathcap later if the game goes on that long (personaly the best way to go with her for me, more burst and get out compared to less burst but some sustained). If you go for trinity force then what unc1es4m said, get it then IE, then get AD/Defense based on their team.

omegadiamondzinc

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc1es4m View Post
I tend to rush sheen and basic boots after dorans shield. Upgrade to Trin force, then an infinity edge, start critting upwards 1k "q"pretty **** early. Lead on to frozen mallet, maybe atmas, sunfire cape, guardian.
why do people not understand that her q is magic dmg and can't crit

S Fate

03-17-2011

DFG, Sorc Shoes, Lich Bane, Rabadon, GG guys..

By the way, only defensive items she can use can't involve HP, don't get HP Masteries, Runes, or Items with her. The most damage someone can do to you with a normal Poppy is 188 and take a minimal of 10 strikes to kill her.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=587394

Here's some math calculations on a good poppy build, im about 5th post or so.

Silent Reaper

03-17-2011

I think Poppy is an AP Champion
LichBane, DeathCap, Banshee's and Rylais, VoidStaff Ionian Boots work Increadibly effective on her. (100% Sure)

Due to her passive, you can actually start off with
2 Philosopher Stones, Boots and then Sheen. Gives you increadible endurance and allows you to wreak havoc on your enemies without taking casualties imo. (50% sure)

RokkEmSokkEm

03-17-2011

Tri-Force Poppy is AD; don't get DFG if you're doing Tri-Force. Build a Ghostblade (don't listen to the Infinity Edge advice; Inf Edge is terrible DPS for your money on Poppy), then look into Shurelia's Reverie (if you built an early Philo stone), Guardian Angel & either Frozen Mallet.or Randuin's Omen.

malphismia

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadiamondzinc View Post
why do people not understand that her q is magic dmg and can't crit
Q doesn't crit, the autoattack that applies Q crits.

He's probably hitting for 1000 because of a combination of a normal autoattack crit, the Q, and the Trinity force proc.

One reason you'd want to go AD is because you want to jungle at level 1, build a Wriggles Lantern, and solve some of her farming problems and staying power, or get a Madreds Bloodrazor which complements her Q (i.e. % HP damage).

ChrisH

03-30-2011

get an executioner's calling and a zeal