How to counter Nocturne.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

In order to counter Nocturne, you need something very powerful. What you need is, a get out of jail free card. Something that, even if you overextend, you can always turn to it and everything will be well.

And who has this? Vlad. Want to coutner Nocturne, play Vlad.

When Nocturne speedily shoots at you like a projectile, turn into a pool and pop him. Even better! If you can figure out the precise moment when Nocturne's summoner is gonna press R, pool, and guess what!?!? You are Vlad, thats what.

disclaimer: No I am not mad nor think Vlad or Noc are op. No I didn't get owned by either champ. THIS IS NOT A QQ thread!!! Try it, see if it works.

Sticky Yurple

03-16-2011

dis nub mad. go QQ about chasing singed

Red VII

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
In order to counter Nocturne, you need something very powerful. What you need is, a get out of jail free card. Something that, even if you overextend, you can always turn to it and everything will be well.

And who has this? Vlad. Want to coutner Nocturne, play Vlad.

When Nocturne speedily shoots at you like a projectile, turn into a pool and pop him. Even better! If you can figure out the precise moment when Nocturne's summoner is gonna press R, pool, and guess what!?!? You are Vlad, thats what.
Want to counter Vlad? Attack/CC him after his pool?

Want to counter Nocturne..? ...? ...

I don't even really care about his kit, minus the fact that wards get shut down during his ult. What makes him so special (besides the fact that he looks bad ass).

djpeanutbutter

03-16-2011

Or be one of the other 30 champions in this game that can blink under their tower.

The Dyne

03-16-2011

I think that OP got owned by a Vlad as Nocturne

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

I'm not mad, I thought it was funny. I will have to try my theorycraft when I get home. The other thread about Nocturne being OP inspired me. Dude said he had no counter and his ult is like Vlad's pool, but does Vlad's pool counter his ult?
There is the rub.

Yippiekajee

03-16-2011

Fear hits through the puddle, I experienced that today.

I say we give every champ an auto-spellshield. I mean Nocturne has one, and a fear, and a slow owh and wait he has a ridicilous ranged on his ult to! Nerf pls.

ps. This is the first time in my entire play history that I actually want a champion to be nerfed.

Gill Landbridge

03-16-2011

I played against a Noct last night that tried to ult on Vlad, and Vlad did what OP suggests and killed Noct every time.

FrozenXylaphone

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill Landbridge View Post
I played against a Noct last night that tried to ult on Vlad, and Vlad did what OP suggests and killed Noct every time.
Nice. Glad to know it works. Still gonna have to try it myself though,

About the fear thing; his ultimate doesn't fear I don't think, that is from his e. I was just speculating that he has to target to zoom at you with his ult, which Vlad's pool should then negate the damage it deals(while also doing damage to Noc when he lands). I don't own Nocturne so I am not sure exactly how it works though.

funkymonkeee

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippiekajee View Post
Fear hits through the puddle, I experienced that today.

I say we give every champ an auto-spellshield. I mean Nocturne has one, and a fear, and a slow owh and wait he has a ridicilous ranged on his ult to! Nerf pls.

ps. This is the first time in my entire play history that I actually want a champion to be nerfed.
I agree. Or at least nerf his damage potential a bit, I understand that he's meant to be a supreme 1v1 champ but at what point does an assassin become OP so that the victim's team can't help in time (due to insane attack speed and decent dmge) or can't kill him (Spell shield + that grasp thing)