Shaco - Survivability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

Title. I really don't know when to get this. Shaco has amazing burst damage that sometimes, I consider building my main items first so that I can instagib the carry that will be dealing damage.

So, I need to know when to get survi, especially on your typical jungle Shaco. Also, what items are really effective for him when it comes to survivability? Should I farm for GA, BV, AoL, etc2x?

Thanks in advance.

hydrogencar

03-16-2011

You are not supposed to be the main dmg dealer on your team.
You are supposed to do one thing during laning phase: Screw up enemies, gank them, make them waste summoners, make them fear you and waste money on wards.
In teamfights it's easy --> screw up the enemy carry. Wriggels, Youmus, Giants belt --> Sunfire (if facing heavy physical), or Giants belt, Banshees, Sunfire (if facing heavy magical dmg). Then BlackCleaver/Madreds.
Outside of laning + teamfights you want to push a lot and jitb/ward enemy jungle + pressure lanes 24/7.

Dats Shaco.

Lesiok47

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post
You are supposed to do one thing during laning phase: Screw up enemies, gank them, make them waste summoners, make them fear you and waste money on wards.
In teamfights it's easy --> screw up the enemy carry. Wriggels, Youmus, Giants belt --> Sunfire (if facing heavy physical), or Giants belt, Banshees, Sunfire (if facing heavy magical dmg). Then BlackCleaver/Madreds.
Outside of laning + teamfights you want to push a lot and jitb/ward enemy jungle + pressure lanes 24/7.

Dats Shaco.
Yeah I noticed as playing Shaco, for 40 some games straight, that he does not go out and kill 1v1 as much as he helps out in ganks ( mainly finishing people off) and foils enemy gank plans.

Uddyrs Malone

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post

Dats Shaco.
lol i just run from lane to lane using nothing but ap and making the enemies poop themselves when they get hit with my dagger. kinda scary when a dagger deals 1/4-1/2 of ur hp. lol. then send in my double and they atk it under the turret thinking its me. muwahaha

palourde royale

03-22-2011

shaco can really win many 1v1 if well played... but you are not the heavy damage, you're an assassin.. so you jungle with him (start at blue) go gank every where (use decieve to pop in their face and surprise them, put a JitB behind them, slow them with 2shiv and it's done..) for shaco I rarely get armor or things like that cause my JitB do fear, i can decieve often (with hybrid build you have more CDr) and my clone take most of the damages...

but to be a good shaco you'll need to be tricky and think twice before makin a move cause he's squishy so if you're too greedy could rlly s*cks for you..

i play shaco since he's there and i love him way too much!

iHarlequin

03-22-2011

There's a difference between an Assassin and a Carry. While Shaco can have, undeniably, a great damage output, he is an assassin. You're not supposed to go head-to-head, toe-to-toe against foes and overextend your kill attempt. You go in, harass them just enough to drop their HP to the point where they need to potion/recall/use a spell to flee, and let them go.

As far as survivability goes, you're not tapping into Shaco's power if you don't get a GA. He has too many escape abilities that make a post-GA revival easy to maintain, contrary to some champions who will just get killzowned if they use GA.

What Shaco needs for survivability is a skilled player. Your not supposed to be putting yourself in ganked situations, you are the ganker. With the amount of escape abilities you have (Deceive, Fear, Slow, Clone), wasting too much gold in survivability items early-game is a waste. Focus on items that will let you harass better (boots) and jungle faster. Don't worry about armor/health items until you're lv. 10+, or when the relatively safe laning phase ends.