Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does Flash work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KhaorvaK

03-16-2011

I tried it for the first time last game, and it's supposed to transport me to my cursor's location, but just... doesnt' do anything as far as I can tell. what's up?

fueled

Recruiter

03-16-2011

It has a limit to how far you can flash, which is 425 units other flash info (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Flash)

KhaorvaK

03-16-2011

ooooh ok. that changes what the spell does significantly. thanks

fooolishfool

03-16-2011

The range on flash is very short, and it sends you in the direction of your cursor. You get a sense of how far it goes with practice, and, in particular, which walls you can jump over with it.

Cpt Knuckles

03-17-2011

Flash is Jarvan's favored enemy.

Creep Score Bot

03-17-2011

Also, be mindful of the fact that it moves to your cursor's location only if possible. I believe Silence prevents you from using it altogether, and you may waste Flash if you are so low health that someone quick (Yi, Garen, etc) or someone else with Flash might catch you. It's a very situational Summoner Spell.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-17-2011

If by situational you mean it's useful in 90% of situations, then yes, it's a situational summoner spell...

Judicate

03-18-2011

It you rollover the spell without clicking on it, you can see the range. If your mouse is beyond that range it just flashes you as far as it can in that direction.

This was unclear to everyone who's ever tried the spell the first time they used it, too :P