Screenshot Feedback

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EA Tobster

Marketing Associate

03-15-2011
1 of 43 Riot Posts

Salutations! This is my first introduction to the community, but theres a good chance that you have probably seen some of my work already. I have been responsible for the creation of screenshots and flavor text for new skins and champions in the past few weeks.

To improve in the future, I'd like to get your constructive feedback. So please comment on what you liked/disliked, and what you would like to see in the future.

To assist with your evaluative process, here are some examples of the screenshots i took in the past.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=729624
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=614204
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=638894

PS. new abilities/particles/voices will be noted more clearly in the future, after feedback about frost terror nocturne/leprechaun veigar.

PPS. Please no more video suggestions, the thread is specifically about screenshots.

Immafeedyou

03-15-2011

they all suck

HClol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

I think an idle stance could be useful to take a good look at a new champion or skin, other than that you've done a great job!

The Johninator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2011

Most things are pretty clear and look good. I think more pictures are better than less, as it gives more angles for prospective buyers to look at.

Different effects of skins on particles and other champion specific abilities would be good. Example: Hextech Anivia Egg.

Gentoon

03-15-2011

I really liked the hiding of upcoming skins within existing screenshots. I always thought that was cool.

Other than that, i think the screenshots should feature 1 of the champions prodominantly and the other one recessed, and switched for the second screenshot of the pairing.

Overall, I think the quality of the screenshots has been fantastic. Other than varying it up a little (dragon hunter jarvan near dragon, new WW skin dancing next to red buff rather than always laning) I think they've been good.

john

03-15-2011

Maybe for the new champion screenshots, you could have a caption telling us what ability is being used in the picture, or what is going on...

Pigmeo

03-15-2011

I thought they were all pretty good, except for the nocturne ones, those were kinda confusing and you cant really appreciate the skins, especially void skin.

Thanorodd

03-15-2011

I like a lot of them. I think, though, that some of your screenshots are too focused on being "cool" (which they are!) rather than being informative about the skin you're trying to showcase.

Some of these actions shots are really awesome and I look at it and say "Whoa! Nice! That must have been hard to get." But then I say "Wait, what is this supposed to sell, anyway?"

The action can be (and often is) too distracting from the product you're trying to show off.

Hope that helps!

EA Tobster

Marketing Associate

03-15-2011
2 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immafeedyou View Post
they all suck
I will try to incorporate this suggestion into all future screenshots

ModestRodent

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTobster View Post
I will try to incorporate this suggestion into all future screenshots
Speaking of awesomeness, who is your avatar?

1234511 ... 34