@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polarus Snipe

07-07-2011

I see. That would make more sense since the ELO rating can be deceiving at times. If this was meant for ranked games, then why add it in normal games?

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

grimleon

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderZZZZ View Post
Seriously?

People who aren't good deserve to be reported and possibly banned just because they aren't as good as some of the other players...

What is that?
lol thay cant get bann thay just get move to a less skill game maching

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post
I bet they dont consider unskilled play a serious offense, so in a way its like they can ignore any reports with Unskilled" tagged
They don't, it says it isn't bannable, just that they will consider dropping their ELO if they are reported a poop ton of times, at least that's what I think I read every match ^_^

Edit: Didn't know that cr@p was censored so I put poop

Der Schlüssel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaySnow View Post
In my opinion, the option to report an 'unskilled player' makes people care so much less to communicate with the team...

Let me explain: I'm at level 14 and I joined two level 30 friends to play a 'normal' game ', so the other two players who joined us were of relatively high levels (19 and 25 if I remember correctly...). Around 20 minutes of game the level 25 player said '/all report singed at the end of the game please' and continued spamming this maybe every five minutes (and said absolutely nothing else the whole game, only this, over and over again).

At the end of the game we asked him why report and he said "he was AFK, doesnt know the tactics of the game and is a feeder... and I want riot to make him play with people of his levels"

1: I have never been AFK.
2: I know I still do not know enough about the tactics of the game thats why it would be helpful to talk in the chat...
3: My score was 0/5/2 with a champion that had only played once ... (a player from the other team did the same score but when I asked him if this player was a feeder he did not answer).
4: if I play with my friends who are level 30 I think we'll ever make a game with people who are of such low levels as I am (we will always be with people between the level that I am and level 30).
5: the phrase I want riot to make him play with people of his level gave me the feeling that people use this option to report as if it was a rubbish bin where they send people who they consider that play poorly and I say this because I did not learn anything about how I should play instead because nobody told me what I was doing wrong or what I should do to improve and I think it is not a very good tactic to discourage players from your own team and let the other team know that your are doing that; and maybe if this option did not exist players would try to help the team instead of hoping that riot puts all the unskilled players together so the pros never have to play with they again...

Lastly, I think that the game suffers from the lack of more detailed tutorials ... it is known that the more advanced LoL players dont have much patience for the newcomers (in all the games that I did only one person really tried to explain it to me)
get your friends to teach you? The tutorials are plenty to get you started, leveling to 30 should give you the experience needed to be compotent at the game. And another key thing you need to learn is sometimes kids on LoL are just ****s, dont let it get to you..let that 1 ***** report you, tribunal wont care much for his opinion

Inorashi

07-08-2011

If someone is reported unskilled you cant be punished for it...just matched with worse players

buckman114

07-08-2011

you cant get banned for that report, the only thing it does is when matchmaking players with a lot of unskilled player reports it puts them in games together

UniversalTruth

07-08-2011

I've reported people in ranked games for this. They choose a new champ they've nevery played before in RANKED and end up feeding like crazy without "intentionally feeding". Trying new champs is for AI, custom, or even normal games... not ranked. So "Unskilled Player" fits the description pretty good.