@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kynjal

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyterFang View Post
Yet. But the button exists.

I play a round, go like 0/15/2 because I'm trying out a new champion, and apparently I can be reported for that? Ludicrous.
I think that is what practice is for?

Duke Reynington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2011

Well, this is a necro'd thread, but wasn't there word around that the Unskilled Player button was just so they could work on their matchmaking software?

darkloft

06-29-2011

i know how everyone feels just moments ago i was being ripped on by a un-ruly player because i dont know how to play that well, and they start swearing and being idiots... so yea i honestly think that they should just remove the **** unskilled player thing, it just means more reports to go through...

PlaySnow

07-01-2011

In my opinion, the option to report an 'unskilled player' makes people care so much less to communicate with the team...

Let me explain: I'm at level 14 and I joined two level 30 friends to play a 'normal' game ', so the other two players who joined us were of relatively high levels (19 and 25 if I remember correctly...). Around 20 minutes of game the level 25 player said '/all report singed at the end of the game please' and continued spamming this maybe every five minutes (and said absolutely nothing else the whole game, only this, over and over again).

At the end of the game we asked him why report and he said "he was AFK, doesn’t know the tactics of the game and is a feeder... and I want riot to make him play with people of his levels"

1: I have never been AFK.
2: I know I still do not know enough about the tactics of the game that’s why it would be helpful to talk in the chat...
3: My score was 0/5/2 with a champion that had only played once ... (a player from the other team did the same score but when I asked him if this player was a feeder he did not answer).
4: if I play with my friends who are level 30 I think we'll ever make a game with people who are of such low levels as I am (we will always be with people between the level that I am and level 30).
5: the phrase ‘I want riot to make him play with people of his level’ gave me the feeling that people use this option to report as if it was a rubbish bin where they send people who they consider that play poorly… and I say this because I did not learn anything about how I should play instead because nobody told me what I was doing wrong or what I should do to improve and I think it is not a very good tactic to discourage players from your own team and let the other team know that your are doing that; and maybe if this option did not exist players would try to help the team instead of hoping that riot puts all the unskilled players together so the ‘pros’ never have to play with they again...

Lastly, I think that the game suffers from the lack of more detailed tutorials ... it is known that the more advanced LoL players don’t have much patience for the newcomers (in all the games that I did only one person really tried to explain it to me)

Nachtengel

07-05-2011

i think this report makes no sense, to report a player for being unskilled is not only going to stifle new people from trying new champions (even intrinsically because people really do care what random people on the internet think of them, who woulda thought?), but discourage new people to the game by giving better players with less than desireable intentions and excuse to inflict powers (no matter how useless they may be) upon them.

the craziest thing about this report i think is that this report is a rediculously huge violation of the very summoners code that riot endorses. we were all noobs once, to report somone for being unskilled goes completely against the spirit of the help and constructive critisizm clauses that the sommoners code so proudly endorses. it flies in the face of logical correction of somone elses shortcomings and ultimatly will give people a different route to correcting the situation in their minds than teaching and helping the person in distress.

people will often choose the path of least resistance. a report simply stating they are unskilled will simply give people this route and will most likely not even reach the attention of the person it is targeted at unless they are told so in chat, which will only hurt them not help them. since they are more likely to either turtle up and lash out, or feel bad about themselves and possibly give up.

and since no constructive help was likely given in tandem to the report they are even more predisposed to quit since they have no new card to play to try to get better and in fact will have less of a chance since their morale was hurt.

BluFalkn

07-06-2011

You know, sometimes it's not the fact that the person is unskilled, but rather the poor matchmaking within the server. I mean, it seems like every game I get put in I'm the lowest levl summoner within the match, and the highest has been 10 levels higher. Really? There's really not much you can do with a case like that, which is nearly every time. Maybe not to that extreme, but you can see where I'm coming from. My last match, I was lowest, and the next lowest was 4 levels higher than me. It almost makes me want to quit playing the game cause why try? They're stacked with masteries and runes, plus have the added experience, and higher level teammates. It's a futile effort to play anymore.

Polarus Snipe

07-07-2011

Indeed. Ridiculous for Riot to add such option. It's already a fact that many players out there highly dislikes this option while I'm one of the players that thinks it's an extremely ****ing stupid one. That's probably the worse addition in the game so far.

If I was a Lv.30 with experience playing the game and is skilled at it. I could go create a level 1 account to get the 'easy win' in my record by using what I've learned to help my team win. Now obviously I'd be matched with a bunch of Lv.1's and a few levels higher. They MOST LIKELY would have no experience in the game either. I decide to be a ****ing ass and report them for being unskilled simply because.. they're new players?! Really?!

What happened to your **** "Summoner's Code"? Everyone has to start somewhere, right? Even you **** employees that created this game had to start somewhere. All those players winning the tournaments had to start somewhere. Many people on what they're good at now had to start somewhere. Phreak had to start somewhere!

By far the stupidest and ignorant-to-new-players option ever added. It makes players paranoid in joining a normal or ranked game when they should get to play which ever mode they want to improve themselves. Where the hell is the 'fun' in that now? Not every single players out there want to be competitive. They just want to have fun with friends and isn't that what brings this whole community together? Wasn't that your god **** goal, Riot? Now you're ridding of "Unskilled Players?" Really?

I may just be one player, but many others will agree. I just hope that one little option doesn't ruin the community and brings in the a-hole players in more.

RenegadeTQ

07-07-2011

This is assuming that players are punished with a ban by being reported for "Unskilled Player". I heard that it knocks them down in skill level as far as the matchmaking system is concerned. However, I don't have any posts to confirm this.

Demon Firebrand

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeTQ View Post
This is assuming that players are punished with a ban by being reported for "Unskilled Player". I heard that it knocks them down in skill level as far as the matchmaking system is concerned. However, I don't have any posts to confirm this.
It'd be nice if this was true. I wish you had some evidence.

I think Unskilled is a perfectly fine thing to report in Normal games. You shouldn't be in Normal games if you're so bad you get 10+ deaths without at least giving something back to the team. It drags everyone else down. Having someone who is new and learning can go fine if they listen to team members, don't push too far by themselves, don't suicide in teamfights, etc.

If you don't know how to play, either the game in general or a champion you intend to play, you should be using the tools Riot provided, like COOP vs. CPU or custom games to at least learn the fundamentals before coming into a Normal game.

COOP vs. CPU is practically training with a chance to get some IP. If Soraka Bot whips your candy ass, that's okay, chances are everyone was testing a new build or is a new player, etc. Intermediate difficulty gives 100% IP all the way up to level 29, so there's no excuse for coming into a Normal game and saying "IT'S MY FIRST TIME WITH THIS CHAMP" or "HEY I'M NEW".
I should clarify that reporting unskilled in COOP vs. CPU is just wrong.

Devylslayer

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeTQ View Post
I can't actually confirm this either.
But (and to be honest, i'm confused why noone from riot mentioned it...):
I'm pretty sure that there is a popup if you hold your mouse over "unskilled player" which says that being unskilled is no reason for a ban, but it will influence the matchmaking, so a player who has been reported for being an unskilled player will be rated as slightly worse by the matchmaking than before.

So it's no tool to punish people for playing bad^^. It's intended to match people who seem to be not so experienced as the players they are assigned with other people who are also rated as not so experienced. The Matchmaking isn't perfect, and this is supposed to make games more balanced and prevent that someone who plays worse than the rest "ruin" the game, just because his/her knowledge of tactics / game mechanics isn't so great (yet).

Hope i could make clear there's a difference between a "the player ... is unskilled"-report and a "this player was feeding/AFK/ruining the game on purpose"